Tuesday, June 8, 2004

Survived an 11 Hour Workday

Yesterday was a bear. 

I spent 11 hours sitting in my chair working at my computer.  By the end of the night I was a version of Steve Martin ala Planes, Trains & Automobiles, only instead of ripping fingers from a dashboard that <shlup, shlup> was extracting my butt from this chair.

Suffice it to say a job that normally takes me 2 hours took me 7 thanks to a handy dandy mistake I didn't learn was made on 900 auctions until AFTER they had been listed.  I make my living from ebay, selling celebrity photos with my sister.  Several weeks back we had a problem with our photo hosting and about 1900 auctions went down without a photo.  So brilliant me, I discovered that my listing program, Turbo Lister (also known as the Anti-Christ) could import these auctions.  How convenient, I thought.  I can just relist them for Memorial Day weekend, all I'd have to do is change the background design. 

Wrong.

I ended up having to change several things in the auctions because when it imported directly from Ebay, Ebay took some liberties to change our standard format.  Instead of having International shipping checked, it changed it to US Only.  And, unbeknownst to me, it changed the photo hosting from our website to the Ebay hosting.  Which would have been okay if Ebay's photo hosting incorporated the number we assign each photo.  But it didn't.  And without that number, we cannot process our orders.  When you deal with thousands of images per week, there's no way to "eyeball" them.

Which is what I thought I'd have to do to ID them - going through 1000 photos to find out the missing photo numbers from the auctions that went down on Sunday night.  It would have taken me 12 hours at least to ID them all.  Thankfully Steven got my brain working again and I figured out a shortcut, and I only spent 5 hours researching those missing numbers.

It was still a big ol mess, and by the time I was done with my regular Monday duties I wanted a bed and nothing else.

How this figures into the weight loss journey is I didn't get exercise (no zoo, no mile long walk) and I was so frustrated that I wanted to eat.  I made a German chocolate cake for my cousin and it sat in my kitchen calling out to me.  "Eeeeeeaaat meeeee.  You'll feeeeel betterrrrrr." 

So I blew my total calories yesterday.  Tonight we're having another bbq at my sister's house.  I'm going to aspire to keep the calories under control, but there's just no tellin. 

And it figures, because my 11th update is coming up with another weigh in.  I'm scared.  I was doing so well too.

All I have to get through is today.  And thankfully, there's no 11 hour workday to help complicate things.

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I'm not a failure because I didn't make it, I'm a success because I tried.

Calories: 2002 / 30%
Sodium: 2877mg
Calcium: 812mg
Water: 57oz
Exercise: None

RED means I did not meet goal
* Projected

No comments: