Monday, June 14, 2004

The Importance of Vision

Today we had day one of a rivival at our church, and the Bishop's message is one of Vision.  It brought back into sharp focus what the meaning of my life is, and how mcuh the weight loss figures into it.  He mentioned a scripture that helped me get over the "stuck in the mud" feeling I get when the numbers on the scale don't change like I'd like them to. 

Habbakuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me: "Write the vision; make it plain upon tablets, so he may run who reads it. 3 For still the vision awaits its time; it hastens to the end--it will not lie. If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay.

So here I write my vision:  to lose weight, to lead by example and to eventually help others break the bondage of obesity.  Thought it seems slow I know that it will surely come.  In this I have faith.

Because I'm doing the work, I'm fighting the good fight and I will see the rewards of my diligence. 

I went over goal today.  Again with the unconcious eating.  Mainly I forgot to list one item, and then got the caloric content of another item I ate on the fly completely wrong.  It sent me over 200 calories (about 100 extra calories per item).  My sodium was completely crazy.  I finally indulged in Taco Bell today.  It used to be my favorite restaurant, but I have avoided it like the plague since I realized how bad the sodium was.  Turns out the regular tacos aren't so bad (150 calories each, 360 sodium, 7 grams of fat), and I dove into two with glee.  I could probably cut the calories even more by ordering it without cheese then adding my own cheese at home (the low fat or non fat kind) - I'll have to do some research.  Cuz I'm all about the cheese.  It's not Mexican food if it doesn't have cheese. 

Besides, cheese is good for you.  Calcium and all that jazz.  Three servings a day to help lose weight.  You won't see me complaining. 

I think I'm going to forego the exercise tonight.  My back hurts worse than I thought and I would rather just take it easy and get back in the swing of things tomorrow.  A hot bath seems infinitely more appealing.

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I was born for a purpose that I have every single attribute to fulfill.

Calories: 2092 / 23% fat
Sodium: 3430mg
Calcium: 853mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: None

RED means I didn't meet goal
*Projected

 

No comments: