Thursday, June 10, 2004

Queen of the Do-Over

Make no mistake about it, if at first I don't succeed I start all over again.  I like starting all over again.  I like the clean slate.  I don't like being delegated back to the starting gate, but I don't mind giving something a pure first try - again.

Thankfully that's been the best thing about this particular leg of my journey.  If something doesn't work, I just try something else.  If I can't go over the mountain, I go around.  I haven't let too many obstacles stop me, only detour me just for a moment.

I bring all this up because tomorrow is the 11th.  That means weigh in.  That means finding out if the last week of not being as cautious as I should have been with food intake and ignoring the exercise part of things will have me stagnated at 284.  That's my estimation, I don't think I've gained.  But the beauty part is no matter what it is, it's not the end.  If it's not what I want it to be, it will be.  I'll just be more diligent and less inclined to eat stuff I know I shouldn't. 

For once I'm not worried.  I know all I have to do is get through today, that's it.  I don't have to worry that my not losing weight pushes back my goal date another week, I'm not looking that far ahead. 

Just baby steps at a time.

And of course I say all this to psyche myself up.  Normally when I don't lose weight I get depressed, and I don't want to do that.  I've lost inches regardless, and the fact of the matter is I have done pretty well on the calories if nothing else.  And that's with eating less than ideal food.

Interestingly enough, my carbs have gone way down and my proteins and fats have evened up, a lot like the Zone diet.  I could very well lose weight just on that principle alone.  It will be a very eye opening experiment if nothing else.

Tomorrow my guests leave and it's back to the status quo.  I'll work into the night - I need to pay off that stinking electric bill - spend some time with them tomorrow morning and catch the Reagan funeral on TV - then hit the hay.  When I wake up, it'll be time to weigh in and see exactly where I stand.

Keep your fingers crossed.

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I'm not a failure because I didn't make it, I'm a success because I tried.

Calories: 1560 / 32%
Sodium: 2620mg
Calcium: 479mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: Walked 2 miles

RED means I didn't meet goal
*Projected

No comments: