Friday, June 11, 2004

Month #7 Update

I weighed in and found I had gained 2lbs, which puts me at one pound over where I was last month.  I wasn't so much worried about that mostly because I have lost 8.5" where I haven't lost pounds.  My body is definitely changing, and the exercise is molding me.  Someone told me once that sometimes it takes the body a little bit to catch up, so I'm just going to put my faith in that.

I learned my lesson of unconscious eating.  I hadn't eaten since I got up, and it took me a few hours to actually get to the mall to weigh in.  By the time we went I was ravenous, and Steven, sweet man that he is, bought me my favorite meal.  Unfortunately, I should have done a little more research before I ate it - the meal itself came in at 1000 calories and over 2000 grams of sodium.

And speaking of sodium, I happened to browse through an issue of Cooking Light, and found an article that says the guideline for sodium was previously too high.  This article suggests that a woman in my age group needs no more than 1500mg of sodium.  How disheartening this news was!  I have a hard enough time trying to keep it under 3000mg.  I can't even imagine cutting it in half.  I think I'll stick with this for a while longer still.

Personally I'm going to count my successes.  The fact that I'm a mere two inches from a size 24 excites me.  The fact that, aside from today, I was able to meet my caloric goals and still eat what I wanted to shows me I've come so much further from where I've been.  Even though my exercise went down, I met my three days a week goal.  The scales aren't always going to be kind - but the changes are definite and they're positive.  I know I'm on the right track - and as of tomorrow I'm going to get back in the groove. 

Meanwhile tonight is a bust.  I have a major headache from watching the funeral for Ronald Reagan.  It hit me pretty hard, even though I may have had opposing views of some of his policies - the fact of the matter is, he did help end the cold war by using diplomacy and peace.  That is something I can really honor in this day and age, and under our current government.   What I especially admire is the strong marriage he and Nancy shared, and the legacy of commitment their love will leave in this world.  It wasn't just a former president who was lost, but a father.  A husband.  A friend. 

God bless you as you embark on your next journey, Mr. President. 

DAILY AFFIRMATION: Life is God's gift to me.  What I do with it, is my gift to Him. 

Calories: 2399 / 34% fat
Sodium: 4332mg
Calcium: 631mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: Walked 1 mile

RED means I didn't meet goal
* Projected

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOK AT YOU!!!!!!!  Your neck is so thin...and you don't have a double chin ANYMORE, girlfriend!!!!!  You know...I think you've found the answer...dieting without really dieting.  When I say to myself..." I'm going on a diet! "...and then I swear off a certain food....and then I feel deprived...even in the first day....because mentally, I have set myself up for failure.  Gosh, I'm such a rebellious thing!!!  Being able to eat some foods that are our favs is important.  Some days, we are just NOT gonna be perfect.  OH WELL!  It doesn't mean it's a failure.  I didn't get fat eating above my calorie limit ONE day a month....or even A WEEK.  I did it by doing that every day.  So going over your calories once in awhile....GOOD FOR YOU.....I think it even may help so your body doesn't get too comfortable with it's intake and slows your metabolism down.  And we KNOW that happens with those of us who have very poor metabolisms.  And once again, I think exercise is the key.  Have I mastered this yet???  NOOOOOO. sigh.  Am I trying very hard???? NOOOO. sigh.  But you know...I am not gonna let you leave me in a dust cloud, missy!  So I am getting my butt in gear with the exercise.  You have proven you don't have to do 3 hours of difficult aerobics 5 times daily to see results.  You are living proof that it can be done....not that it still isn't a BIG BIG challenge....it's hard work...anything worth it is just that....but it can be done.  And you are doing it.....AND SO AM I! ( but I would sure appreciate a few little prayers ;)  !)  Thanks Gin....Love, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginger!

Gretch is right, you no longer have a double chin!!  (Praying for you Gretch baby!) The photos are dramatic and your attitude adjustment is excellent.  It only takes a while for it all to catch up (on the scale) but the honest measurement is in the inches, how your clothes fit (after all does anyone who sees you actually ask/see your numbers on the scale?  --But they can see you are looking trimmer each time as we do!); I discovered this a while back, the inches are the real tale (and they are not just from exercising although exercising does accelerate things...when I measure I see it happen even if no "scale" loss and no exercises-- if I follow my plan!).  

We have not heard you say anything about "My Immortal"--did you get an answer on it yet?

[Me --thank you a big thank you to those praying for me; Dream Boat is still very much in the picture!  It is all very scary.  My financial picture is turning again, looks like I made 10,000 last week (which is why I have been light on comments, but I keep an eye on things...throughout the stress of my job I had no desire to revert to bad habits/old ways!..this was a real trial by fire truth test!).  We shall call him John (Dream Boat)--he does not like fat!!  That is for sure (probably his military background!) and he says it is confusing him why he is very much attracted to me anyway... (I am dropping and he is very very cooperative!  He is serious! LOL! --almost as serious as Ginger!--it's like having a Steven of my own to look after me!)  Thank you Steven for your comment before about losing it for me not him!! (Dear, rare man that you are!!)  While I am losing it for me, having him in the picture could make me as serious about it as Ginger.  Let's put it this way, he most definitely inspires me to do it now rather than later!]

Kewl Kewl Kewl; let's keep the (Pilates) ball rollin' gal!  Keep me in your prayers! &nbs

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah...thanks for the prayers.....I will for you, too. :)  

Anonymous said...


Best of Luck in your diet. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have done awesome and are looking GREAT!  I like that you put the pictures, it gives incentive.