Saturday, November 6, 2004

There Were Elipticals in Medievil Dungeons

I didn't think the difference between 2 mins and 3 mins would be that big, but my legs are so sore I can't even tell you.  I'm going to work at 3 mins for a while, to get used to the activity. 

Other than that, the gym was again great.  I ended up doing 3 sets of 10 of those crunches, but I still got all 30 in.  On my last machine, the butterfly machine, I kinda fizzled out but I think it was mostly because I didn't eat a protein for breakfast before I went.  My blood sugar crashed after 30 mins on the bike, 3 mins of the eliptical, 30 crunches and about 30 mins of chest and back weight work. 

 

I think I'm going to attempt circuit training after I get all the weight training from Abel.  It burns a ton-o-calories and I'm all about making the most of my workout so that I can see better results without totally relying on my calorie restrictions.

Speaking of calorie restrictions, I jumped Saturdays up to 2200 since that is what I'll have to eat to maintain.  That will more than likely change with every weigh in, as I get a new calorie count.

 

I'm debating on whether or not to go in tomorrow.  I don't necessarily have to, I was aiming for 5 days a week and that was today.  I'll see how I feel.  I generally don't want to let more than one day lapse in between because I know how hard it will be to restart the program after that long.  I may go in tomorrow and skip Monday, Abel says that's the busiest day of the week. 

 

It all depends on my poor legs.  They are not happy with me today.  And the chest/back work was a little more intense it seemed like.  I'm a little more sore than before.  As if my body is saying, "Hey one time was bad enough.  You mean we're going to be doing this regularly??"

 

Tip of the Day: DINING OUT, PART III.  They may not all be Burger King but you should always try to get things your way.  You know how you amend your menu at home for lower fat or calories, why not ask the cook at your favorite restaurant to do the same?  Many menus now offer low fat alternatives to their main menu. So it never hurts to ask.

 

Stats

Calories: 2260
Fat: 32%
Sat. Fat: 11%
Fiber: 30g
Calcium: 1375mg
Sodium: 3976mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: 30 mins bike, 30 crunches, 30 mins weights/chest & back

DAILY AFFIRMATION:  It doesn't matter where you started.  It's where you're headed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are doing great at the gym!!!!

Tracy
http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName

Anonymous said...

Exercise is always good for you. I ballooned to 398lbs and decided to reawaken the old me. I truly believe you can get better results with the 6-week body makeover. You eat real food and the food you eat energizes you into losing weight quicker than you could imagine. After just two weeks I'm not down to 380lbs. It's a lot of prep work because you are eating four meals a day and two snacks. Just different than I'm used to snacking on as of late. I bacame disabled about six years ago and things got worse last year losing the full use of both feet due to diabetic complications. I now believe I'm moving in the right direction for me. That is what it's all about. Check out www.providia.com, the program isn't expensive and it's customized to your body type. AND IT WORKS. Give it a chance, I like to see other people happy too.
Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Yep...I do the circuit training and I love it!  It does burn a whole lot of calories and it keeps it from getting boring.  I only go to the gym 3x/week.  I go early in the morning before work....I do 20 min on the treadmill (up from 4 min when I first started...that's all I could do then!) and I have just started some interval training...3 min at a slow speed, 1 min at a faster speed, then back to the slow speed for another 3 min, etc...  That is also supposed to burn more calories.  Then I head over to the machines.   I have 3 different exercises I do...chest, arms, legs.  (I used to have a fourth machine I did, but the chiropractor told me I had to ease off on the back exercises...wahhhh!)  I do a set of reps on each of the three machines, then another set, and another, up to 6 sets.  The number of reps changes according to whether or not I just increased the amount of weight I'm doing on the machine. (anywhere from 8-15 reps). My entire work out takes me about 45-50 mins tops, and like I said I am only doing 3x/week.  Since I work the same muscles each time I go, I let them rest for a day in between work outs.  I could go and use the treadmill every day, but my schedule is crazy enough as it is, since the gym is one town away from where I live.  I'm seeing results just from what I am doing, so I don't worry about it only being 3 days/week.  As for the elipitcal.....you have got to be far more coordinated than I am....I don't even dare attempt that thing!  LOL  You might try increasing your time by one minute every time you use it....that's what I did with the treadmill and before I knew it I was up to 20 minutes!  Ok, I've babbled enough...I'm just excited for you!  LOL  *HUGS*  Nancy :-)