Sunday, November 28, 2004

Busy Holiday Weekend

It was a great holiday weekend.  I probably didn't meet my caloric goals any of the five days, but if I missed it I don't think it was by too much.  My biggest problem did not come from food (we even found a sugar free pecan pie), but from alcohol.  I was a little free with the wine LOL.  I usually drink until I'm feeling a buzz, but the buzz never really came.  About five glasses later I think... oopsie this has calories in it! 

I totally spaced the calories in the hot cranberry punch too.  Boy was that good.  I sucked down a few cups of that too.

Had it not been for liquids I would have been A-OK.  Let's just hope it all flows out as easily as it flowed in!

We did eat out a lot while my mother in law was in town.  We had BBQ and steak and even some fried food.  However I walked my tushy off.  I easily hit 10,000 or better steps every day she was here.   We did the tourist stuff, we did the family thang and even hosted a party at my house.  I'm sure I did ok even if we didn't get to the gym.

So while I'm not exactly proud of the way I totally blew it with the liquid, I am ok with the food choices I made and the ways I found to make the holidays work.  I have a few recipes I'm going to share on my other journal.  I'm especially proud of the way I cheated the broccoli salad.  It turned out really well.  So did the lime jello btw.  What little I got of it.  My oldest son scarfed it down within a day.  I take that as a compliment. 

The Bachelor ended just the way I wanted it to end.  It's the second time in Bachelor history I felt like true love won out.  I bawled like a baby when Byron got to one knee and proposed in Spanish so that her family (who doesn't speak English) could be a part of the moment.  <sigh>  It was the start of a very good weekend.

Like I said we had a lot of fun, a lot of the photos are uploaded above including our family Christmas photo with both mothers included.  I am very happy with my photo, I can totally see the difference.  I'm starting to emerge bit by bit.

It's totally motivated me back to the gym tomorrow.  I have a week to work off the not so angelic few days I have had.  What's important is not slipping a few days but getting right back on the wagon.  Also, by not falling totally away from everything I have learned.  I did eat things I wouldn't normally eat, but I have no plans to go back to that.  I'm quite content to consider that a rare treat rather than a daily indulgence.  And that's where the true success lies.  Everyone overeats or eats unhealthily at some time or another, the trick is to return to eating like a thin person would eat.

Of course the true trick is to avoid growing complacent.  I could get really comfortable hitting this goal of size 24 - it's going to get even easier at size 22 where I was as a young adult.  Somewhere in my mind I would think I've come so far and just dump the rest of the fire I have to make it the rest of the way.

But that's not going to happen.  I know all the tricks to keep me on course.  And best of all I have all of you to hold me accountable.  That has really been my saving grace.

 

We went to see the Incredibles, which I loved.  Lotsa fun.  We also watched Elf.  It was cute, but I doubt I'd really ever see it again.  I wanted to see Finding Neverland but it wasn't playing here.  Johnny Depp will just have to wait.

I also got my tree up.  I'd take a photo but my cat ate through my cord that connects the computer to the camera.  I will be delayed doing any photo updates until I get the replacement cord.

Oh, did I mention that Hal Sparks sent me an email?  Yep.  Steven wrote him and begged him to write me and so Hal did.  It was really cool.  I wrote back saying that had we met before he was famous, we'd have hung out.  Now I'm just a geeky fan. 

He's got a blog now on myspace.com  Hal's Blog, and I decided to put My Immortal over there too.  There are a lot of artists types over there so it should prove to be an interesting place to hang out.  I'm going to have to work to find my audience tho.  No one is biting over there either.  It's lotsa fun tho.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of stuff but I'm beat.  It's time for a bubble bath and an early bedtime.  It's back to the grindstone tomorrow and there's lots of work to do. 

I hope everyone had a great holiday.  We'll resume this regularly scheduled blog tomorrow.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were great pictures....thanks for sharing all of those, they were fun to look thru

Anonymous said...

I know all about fudgning a little on the diet over the holidays.  What you said about getting right back on the wagon is something I needed to hear.  I have sort of been slacking the past few days, and I will never meet my goal this way!  So......here I go, hanging on to that wagon and being drug along!  

Tracy