Sunday, November 21, 2004

I'm Gonna Party Like It's My Birthday...

The title says it all.  Today is my birthday, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah... it's your birthday too now nah nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Yeah so I'm 35 as of midnight.  I'm not freaking out too badly.  Someday we'll talk about how morbid I get around my birthday dwelling on mortality and what not, but today was just too good to think about that stuff.

I had a good... scratch that GREAT day.

 

My sister took me to Walmart to buy me a bunch of new exercise clothes (she asked me what I wanted, I told her, and we went to see if Walmart actually had something in my size - they did).

Anyway so because of my girth I was a little weird about going down to a 24 in my pants.  I'm so freaked out the smaller size won't fit.  So I took a size 26/28 and a size 22/24 into the dressing room and I tried the 22/24 size first.

Well, it fit.  It wasn't tight or anything.  It fit perfectly.  I nearly broken into tears in the dressing room.

All the rest of the shopping extravaganza I was able to turn clothes away because they were TOO BIG.  At a regular sized people department store.  I couldn't even find what I wanted in my size because the only big size they had was 26/28.  What a great dilemma to have. 

 

Anyway I came home to work all night and I'm exhausted.  I'm going to leave it at that and catch you all tomorrow.

I did go to the gym today and actually did 45 crunches instead of 15, and did three sets of reps instead of two on the back/shoulder stuff.  And 45 mins of cardio.

Lemme tell ya, getting into those smaller pants was worth it ALL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And you have given YOURSELF the greatest gift, haven't you????  You look absolutely fantastic, I kid you not!  And I love the work out clothes!  So much, that I decided I am going to Walmart some time this week and do the same.  I stopped working out a while ago, and I am trying to get back into doing it again.  So cross your fingers for me!  Maybe I will try and start up my journal, too.   You are ONCE AGAIN, my inspiration, and I thank you, Miss Birthday Skinny Girl! LOL  Thanks, Ginger!  My thoughts and prayers are with you always.  And 35?!?!?!?  You are a spring CHICKEN!  I remember wAAAAAAAAAAY back in those days....hee hee  (I turned the BIG 4-0 in June...eeeek)  Love ya!  Gretchen

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!  and YEEEEHAAAAAA for being able to shop at Wal Mart for clothes!!!  I can't wait until I get to that stage!  You are so incredibly awesome and every day when I read your journal I know I can keep going on this journey because I've seen your success...thank you for sharing all that you share!  *HUGS* Nancy :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ginger! I hope it's everything you want it to be and then some!! =)

Anonymous said...

Ginger! You look great! I'm so excited for you! You can see a real change between the pictures, and it is great!!! I haven't been feeling good about myself or how I look lately, and just seeing you makes me happy, and know that I can make a change. Happy Birthday! Have a good time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Girl !!!!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome, thats got to be a birthday present in itself.  Thanks for posting your journal and pictures, they are encouraging.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!