Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Watch Day Three, It's a Loo Loo

I woke up today to find my waking temp had spiked to 97.4.  This is not normal for my pre-ovulatory portion of my cycle.  I take this to mean my metabolism was working spot on yesterday. 

I stepped on the scale to find no change from yesterday.  It still says 283.5 from 287.5 the day before.  I've weighed consistantly at 287.5 when I weigh in at 279 on the GNC scale, which is my "official" weight of record.  In other words, I won't get completely excited until I see the numbers on the GNC scale go down. 

Today was another protein only day.  I managed 1500 calories today and was a lot less hungry.  Although I did have a low blood sugar episode earlier today.  A spoonful of peanut butter saved the day. 

Exercise went out the window today.  I need to get back on track with that tomorrow or else. 

Oct. 5

Calories: 1144
Carbs: 102 grams
Water: 72oz
Exercise: On Hold

DAILY AFFIRMATION:  There is nothing I will face today that I cannot handle.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not extremely overweight, about 170, but my normal was always about 125 untill a few years ago.  I was trying really hard and couldn't lose the pounds, so i tested for thyroid problems, and sure enough!  So, now I take meds for that!  I am also taking some Green Tea pills for energy, and Carb Blockers only when I eat a lot of carbs.  So, I am hoping that will help!!!  I am so glad you are doing this journal!  Keep up the hard work!!!!!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

I started the Lindora Plan on October 4th and today was my first day to add carbs.  I wasn't really sure about the whole "sweet spot" thing so I was looking online and found your entries.  It's so nice to know someone else on this and starting it at the same time!

Is "it" anything I want that stays within the 50-100g carb limit?  Or is it something that is lower in fat, higher in protein, and/or "good" for you?  I know that the latter would certainly be a better method of eating those 50 carbs, but heck sometimes you just want chocolate, or a great piece of bread.  I read about the plan in the First magazine and it made sense.  

I lost about 40 pounds with TrimSpa but gained 15 back being home with my son these last few months (too much leisure eating).  I started at 216 down to 174 and now weigh 186. I need to lose another 50-60 lbs.  - I'm only 5'2".  But I am happy with each pound anyway.  I lost 6 pounds on Lindora the first 2 days and gained a pound today (could be that Aunt Flo came to visit, have to see in a few more days).  And I didn't feel well enough to work out.    boo hoo  

For exercise I use tapes and weights.  I am doing The Firm right now and they are leg killers!  I also use Kathy Smith, Tae Bo, and Karen Voight when I need a change. I am doing 3 days a week, an hour each time but need to get up to 5 days a week, ugh.  My problem has always been consistency.  Something interrupts the schedule and I am off it with not much hope of getting back on.  I hope to do better this time.  

If I can stick with this program, I am going to buy the book (Phase One)  http://www.aaabooksearch.com/Price/1580000886  Not sure I need the whole $50.00 set.  Some of their food items sound interesting, though.

Good luck to you! You've done great so far, the pics are super!  I look forward to working and reading along