Tuesday, October 5, 2004

Day Two...

I've never been so happy to see fruit in my life.

The diet is a lot more restrictive than I'm used to.  But I stepped on the home scale this morning and it reported a four pound loss - which adds up to maybe an actual pound or two.  Saturday's weigh in should be very interesting.

Especially since my calories today barely made it to 1000 calories.  I'm a little worried about that, it seems really low.  I think I read somewhere no one should go under 1200 calories.  I'll try to do better on Thursday.   Tomorrow it's back to no carbs. 

Yesterday I got 10 minutes on the exercise bike.  My back hurt at first but I managed to go the whole time.  Interestingly enough my back feels better today - so I'm thinking if I just do it slow and easy at first I could probably work up to 30 minutes of activity every day.  Tomorrow I'm going to try a walk and maybe some light Pilates.  We'll see how it goes.

Tonight though I'm going to bed early so I can get back in routine.  My head hurts from the debate - it was a lot heavier on facts and information than the presidential debate last Thursday.  Who won?  I dunno, I'll have to sleep on it.  :)

Oct. 4

Calories: 1283
Fat/Carb/Protein: 45/14/41
Water: 72oz
Exercise: 10 mins exercise bike, vigorous

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I am strong enough to make these changes.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am new to your journal. Congrats on your weight loss. I too am on a diet. I have lost close to 40 pounds. I have been at my goal weight for a year now.
Kathy
http://journals.aol.com/kuhlhiggins/AdventuresinKatLand

Anonymous said...

Keep going!  Press on!  It'll happen for you!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have also struggled all of my life with weight!

I found the right diet for me.

The South Beach way of eating. I don't even feel like I am on a diet anymore.
If you can get through the first 2 weeks...You have it made.
I have lost 32 pounds since May and feel great!

Good Luck!

Mary Louise of Watching

http://journals.aol.com/mlrhjeh/WatchingMySisterDisappear

Anonymous said...

Wow, you should be so proud of yourself. not just for the weight loss but for your perserverence in reflecting and writing and honest critque and much more. I am a 53 year old mom and grandma and have a lot in common with you. I have written and published one book and one article and hope to write many more, but its a constant challange. I have also battled with weigh all my life but have never journaled my daily eating and exercise habits as you are. I just might do that, what an encouragement you are. I have journalled my prayers on a semi regular basis. I want to leave my family with a legacy of my faith one day, so I journal my prayer requests, answered prayer and praises in a journal and now have many journals to give to family.
anyway, God bless you in all you do,
zkfam586@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to you Ginger, keep up the great work!  I lived in Texas 23 years!  I have recently relocatd to Windsor Locks, CT.  What a beautiful state!  You stay focused, you are doing a wonderful job!
Paula