Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sweatin to the 90s

Radio @ AOL : 90s Pop

I thought today was going to be a total bust.  I didn't go to sleep until after 11am this morning because I just couldn't fall asleep.  I tried.  Honest, I did.  But my mind was going a mile a minute.  So instead I got up and worked.

Anyway because I got to bed late I had to drag myself awake by 5:30pm.  I didn't get my morning bike ride in, and we didn't go to artwalk or even out for our walk this evening. 

My fat intake was up, my water consumption was down and it didn't look like I'd get a stitch of exercise in.

And of course because I didn't get up till late I'm hungry now.  I go into the kitchen to raid the fridge and as I'm standing there in front of that open door I realized that I felt leaner.  My muscles feel firmer, even in my stomach (thank you Pilates).  As I'm standing there this weird thing happens - it was truly mind blowing.  I decided I wasn't going to eat, I was going to go ride the bike because I liked how good I felt.

!!!!!!!!!!

Whuda thunkit?

So I get on the bike and I ride not ten minutes, not fifteen minutes but twenty whole minutes in a row - vigorously.  Tonight's workout music - 90s dance/pop:

Gonna Make You Sweat - C&C Music Factory
Would I Lie to You - Charles & Eddie
Here Comes the Hot Stepper - Imi Kamoze
I've Got the Power - Snap
I Would Walk 500 Miles - The Proclaimers

Since I plan to switch my schedule over and stay up until Friday evening (that way I get a full night's rest before weigh in) I'm going to do the bike once more for 10 mins, the Pilates routine, a walk and more bike riding before I go to bed.

But I'm just really proud of myself for making a good choice and seeing through on my commitment when I hovered dangerously close to blowing the whole thing off.

And the best part of all?  I'm no longer hungry.

Calories: 1630
Fat: 35%
Sat. Fat: 13%
Water: 48oz
Exercise: stationary bike 20 mins
Calories Burned: 267 / 7%

DAILY AFFIRMATIONS: Good choices are their own reward.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ginger!  Nothing replaces the feeling of victory over that "addiction" feeling!  You are making progress again, good to see your spirit's up!

Anonymous said...

You go girl you should be so proud of yourself it takes alot of guts to close that dam door doesnt it. Im michelle i too have this destructive thing called fat. I started at 196 last year and lost down to 135.I have gained about 15 back but im still struggling. your doing it the right way slow and steady-steady and slow thats the way that success goes. Good luck i wish you all the will power.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I've had times when I've experienced that very same thing..on the verge of eating something I shouldn't when all of a sudden I realize how good I feel physically and I decided that's just not worth giving up for a few mouthfuls of some food that will probably just make me feel "blech" anyway.  Doesn't it feel great?!?  :-)