Saturday, October 9, 2004

281. 281!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frustrated doesn't EVEN begin to cover what I'm feeling right now.  Despite my home scale loss, despite the inches lost, the GNC scale shows a 2lb gain.  A GAIN!

There's absolutely no friggin way it should have been a gain.  I didn't expect a huge loss considering we didn't get to weigh in until 12:45, I'd already been up nearly 6 hours and had eaten lunch and the mid morning snack already, as well as 24oz of water.  My worst fear was that it would be the same.  But a gain???  No frickin way.

I'm so frustrated.  I'm frustrated and I'm feeling mighty deprived.  The first thing I wanted to do - eat.  This is why diets don't work for me, I cannot stand the thought I'm going through all this crap denying myself the food I want and not seeing results anyway.  If I'm going to gain 2lbs, I want to enjoy the food that puts me there. 

I'm going to go TRY to take a nap and maybe try it again after some significant sleep.  Right now all I want to do is eat eat eat eat - and nothing at all good for me.  The fact I had to walk past the El Chico - twice! - to weigh in didn't help matters any.

A three inch loss and a two pound gain???  Someone please explain this to me.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't panic yet. Remember you are using a public scale and gets more abuse than your home scale. Is it water gain time ? Muscles becoming more toned ? You lost inches aand that is a BIG thing.

Anonymous said...

I know how frustrating that is.  But, the hting that really matters is the inches!  If you are losing inches, you are getting smaller and hat is all there is to it!  Also, if you are excercising, you are gaining muscle.  Muscle weighs more than inches!  I have known some ballerinas who are TINY look like they weigh 110.  In reality because they have so much muscle, they actually weigh 135 to 150 pounds!  So, don't get too upset....as if that's possible, I know.  Keep going!

Tracy
http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName