Thursday, October 7, 2004

Day Four-a on Lindora

It was another Carb-rific day here at the Ranch.  Tonight I allowed enough carbs to treat myself with a bowl of sugar free ice cream.  It was so delightful I can't even tell you.  In fact, that one itty bitty bowl was the most satisfying thing I had all day.   I know the 50-100 carbs they allow is probably fruit or something healthy, but sometimes you just gotta give in to the sweet tooth.  And I made it work, so I think that's all that counts.  We'll see on weigh in day aka Saturday aka Day Six of the program.

My waking temp again was 97.4, again higher than my normal 96.5 I charted last month.  And today I got that "revved up" feeling I used to get on fatburners.  The metabolism, she is a'workin.

Not only that but it was a "thin" day.  We like thin days.  I hope Saturday is a very thin day.

After an exhausting evening of dealing with a teenager I think I'm going to hit the hay. 

It really makes me question whether or not I want to have more kids.  Does everyone with a teenager feel like they don't know what in the blue blazes they're doing as a parent, or is it just me??

Oct. 6

Calories: 1548
Fat/Carb/Protein: 45/12/43
Water: 72oz
Exercise: none

DAILY AFFIRMATION:  This too shall pass.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teenagers are why some species eat their young. :)
Ahhh, the happy teen years of my son ... somewhat like walking on broken glass or hot coals, having 6 of your front teeth pulled (tho there was nothing wrong with them) and my favorite, having your appendix removed through your nostrils.  Ah yes, I remember it well.  Some exciting parts too, like phone calls from the police asking WHY did you let your 14 year old drive your car to the store at 1:30 AM???
Well, duh, like I would if I knew that officer!  Another good one, I go to clean the kid's room and find out another boy had been living with us in my son's closet!  Using a side window to enter and exit.  Now, before I sound like a bad parent, I wasn't.  I stayed on top of things pretty well, it's just that teens are slicker than sn... well, you get the picture.
If you ever need any support just email me Gin.  I've got stories that I won't tell here!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!  Thin days are good!!!!!!!!!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

I was reading back over some of your recent entries and the one about your exercising.  A suggestion that might help...add just one minute to the duration each time you exercise. (ie: ride the exercise bike)  It seems very easy to push yourself "just one more minute".  If you rode only 3x/week, by the end of a month you would have added 10-15 minutes to your duration!  That's what I did on the treadmill... I started out at 4 min..that's all I could do.  Now I've increased to 20 min and it seemed like a piece of cake...and I HATE the treadmill!  LOL  Let me know if that works for you. :-)