Friday, July 2, 2004

Throwing Down the Gauntlet...

I was rereading the Dr. Phil diet and I figured, what the heck.  I'll put him to the test and see what he can do.  If he can cause the weight to drop off as well as the body shape changing, then it's worth a try.  It's not *too* restrictive, although it is learning a new way to eat.  It's a formula per meal, not necessarily a list of dos and do nots.  For instance breakfast would be something like this:

1 protein serving
1 low fat dairy serving
1 starchy carbohydrate
1 fruit serving
1 non caloric drink

For me, this would equal a bowl of shredded wheat (unsweetened) with a banana, scrambled egg beaters - which is essentially what I would eat anyway.   You all will be happy to know it virtually knocks out all sugar products, all processed stuff - I'll be eating lots more veggies and I'll have to prepare my meals.  

Of course the bad news is I've pigged out today.  Not *too* too bad but enough to feel it.  But it's a good thing, because I don't like the way I feel now and that helps motivate me to stick to the program.   I also don't like the fact that I've eaten stuff that I can't calculate, so basically today has to be a free day.

I did do the major big walk from here to the park, and I realized all those times I walked it before I was short changing myself.  I thought I was walking 3 miles, when I was probably walking closer to four.  But I did walk 3 miles today, so the day wasn't a total loss.

On a completely off topic note, my two Spidey fanatics (one 11 and one 33) finally got to see their new movie today and I heartily endorse it.  It was a lot of fun, lots of action, romance, suspense - good fun all around.  I saw Shrek 2 not too long ago, and while it was okay, it wasn't as good as the first.  Spider-Man 2 I think surpassed the original.  Very, very good.

Also recommended, out on video, Calendar Girls.  I really enjoyed it.  Hellen Mirren is a hoot and it's a great message about the value and beauty of women at any stage in their life. 

So anyway tomorrow starts the 14 Day Rapid Weight Loss program, we'll just see how it lives up to its name. 

DAILY AFFIRMATION: It doesn't matter if I stumble, I'm strong enough to get back on track.

Calories: Don't ask...
Water: 100oz
Exercise: Walked 3 miles

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have those set back days and I think it's not so bad to do once in awhile as long as you get right back on track...you're doing so good..it outweighs when you go off now and then....

Anonymous said...

Ginger said, " I'll be eating lots more veggies and I'll have to prepare my meals. "
Hi Gin,
 I put my veggies (the ones I cook) on one of those cheap little metal steamers, in a pan of boiling water, cover them with a lid first, then start cooking my other stuff or getting the rest of my dinner together.  That way the veggies are steamed and ready to go when I get ready to take the food to the table.
 I used to have a fancy oriental steamer but I like the $2.00 metal fan one you get at the grocery store better.  Rinse that sucker off after dinner and it's done. :)  
 You will find that after eating like this for several weeks that you find energy you didn't have before.  You will be getting more nutrients into your body & it should help with the fiber issue that you have.
 You deserve the best and I am so happy that you are giving this a try!  God bless you on your program.

Anonymous said...

That's the right attitude!  Just get back on track.  You can do it!

I'd really like to know more about this diet.  Is it a book or is it online?  I've seen some of his shows and heard him mention it but, there was no real explanation about what exactly is involved.


Julie