Thursday, July 29, 2004

Baby Steps

Well, I did it.  I finally got some exercise in.   We went to the park (much to Winston's estatic - if not incredulous - glee), and we took in the short route.  I took it slow, especially when my hip starting twinging about a third of the way through, but I made it the entire distance. 

I had to do something.  I got tired of just sitting here doing nothing.  I hate stagnation worse than anything.  Yes, I mistake motion sometimes for progress, but standing still and waiting for things to happen just doesn't work with me.  I like to make things happen.  It's the control freak in me.

The scale has been all over the place in the last week, down a pound, up a few pounds, and back down again.  I just know if I keep focused I can keep this in forward motion.  If last week's weight loss was water weight, then I'm going to do my best to make it weight weight.  I have a goal and I'm going to get there. 

Nothing is going to stop me.  Not even a bad back.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginger, excuse me but I have to tell you I got some photographs back of myself just now and ewieee!!  

I wanna shout:  "Hey everybody!!!  Wanna lose weight?  Do a reality check!  Be brave now!  Get your photograph taken!!!  Scarey!! "

I have been not allowing my picture taken for years!  So, deliberately after my boyfriend dumped me my friend and I took off for the country and took "weight loss" photos of ourselves in the past half week!  OMG!!!  I look FAT!  I had no idea I looked this fat.  I mean I look BIG!  She took pictures of me at the wheel (profile-I had no idea my chin looks like that!), pictures without permission (my fat makes me look raunchy, rather frumpy--and I thought I looked sexy!), pictures of my hiney (it looks as wide as a barn)!  You name it!  My view and the actual view DO NOT REMOTELY MATCH!  No wonder I never went sailing with him, when he saw me in the summer clothes, shorts, etc. he flew south!  I myself am not happy with the look, but my G-d I had no idea I looked like I do!  This sounds nuts, but I actually probably can't blame him.  He takes care of himself and I do not.  This will come to a screeching halt!  Kudos to Ginger for having the guts to go online and reveal her pictures to the world!  I only wish I had had a friend who had told me before!  They always always say, "Oh you're not fat!"  (Why do they do that?)  This friend is a new friend, she is an accomplished woman-- a lawyer who studied hard to get those credentials, and now is going for a master's towards a doctorate.  Her mother is an MD/psychiatrist--very accomplished.  Her term that got to me was, "competitive."  She is a former competitive body builder too!  She pointed out that "he is competitive."  I realized that in her milieu it really is all about competition.  Her past is my saving grace! &nbs

Anonymous said...

This got cut off from below:  she is my height and also needs to drop the same amount as I do.  She looks much better though (I think) because most of her weight is in her bustline.  We are going to have fun getting it off together.  We both have also recently dropped over 20 pounds and go to the same church.