Saturday, April 2, 2005

A more detailed summary

Yesterday was short and sweet because I was FEELIN THE BURN.

It took several hours to kick in but when it did, boy it did.  I needed a pain killer to get to sleep.  It was harsh.

But I felt good.

I don't have a calorie count because I went out to the Golden Corral to eat, but of the calories I could count it was under 500, so I know I didn't blow it yesterday.  I did my basic buffet strategy - eat a big green salad before and then just sample a spoonful or less of "real" food.  The worst thing I ate was a roll. 

This is a big deal because they had all you can eat fried shrimp.  A weakness of mine. 

I had five.  (patting back)

Even my dessert was sugar free blueberry pie. 

I even got away with low calories on my lemonade because they had Minute Maid Lite. 

It was a good night out.

As for the workout, I did 30 mins on the exercise bike.  It surprised me, I didn't think I could hold out.  But I did and it felt great to know I still could.  Apparently I'm not as out of shape as I thought - I went on to do about 40 mins of weight training (I went back down to two sets of 12 reps, I'll work up to more) and 50, yes 50, crunches.  I didn't even feel it until 48.  Then we went to the park and walked about a mile and a quarter to get that full 30 mins in.

Even though my legs (which is what I worked out yesterday) burned a little during some of the exercises, I was so amazed how little I felt the workout I did.  I wondered if I had done it properly.

Then last night, it all kicked in.  I guess my body went through shock at having done the full routine so the pain was a delayed reaction.  Now everything from the waist down hurts. 

It's a good hurt.  I'm just glad I have today off LOL.

But tomorrow it's back to the grind. 

I realized yesterday when I took measurements (which I hadn't done in about two months) that I had gained 9 inches on the five places I measure.  No wonder those clothes were such a tight fit at Penneys.  There was no getting out of exercise yesterday when I saw that.  Even when the pounds don't move I've always managed to lose inches.  I refuse to backslide.  Refuse.

It's a three month boot camp - 40lbs or 4 sizes (which is about 14 inches) - or bust.

Because I deserve it.

*note, I will do the photos here shortly.  I didn't do the body comp either because Abel wasn't in yesterday.  I'll probably correspond the two in the coming week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

new pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ginger. I love your wedding album. You mustve married a really great guy, because it looks like he loves you just the way you are. That is always important! But it is equally inspirational to watch how you have transformed yourself through your weightloss journey. How do you make those pictures flip over like that?! You must be very computer savvy. =.) I have added you to my journal list. I hope that's ok. Love, Win =.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginger... back to ask if you are going to add more entries to your kitchen journal. I see the last entry was in 2004. Thanks, Win =.)