Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

As Dory would say.

Tonight was my first swimming lesson.  I cannot tell you how terrified I was to get into that water.  It's a phobia that runs deep, almost as deep as being in a bathing suit in front of a pool full of people.  :-O

Anyway, I managed to float on my own (while still holding onto the side), learn how to kick, managed to blow some bubbles and dunked my face three times - that was the big thing.

I'm working up to dunking completely under.  :-O

My arms are butter.  I'm sure that despite I wasn't actually "swimming" I worked out pretty good for the hour I was in the pool. 

I did get to the gym today, did everything but the crunches because the mat never was empty. 

I didn't get to the park either but from the way my arms feel, I think I did okay anyway.

We found a new restaurant called Green Jeans, which is an extensive salad bar.  I load up on all the free stuff and just get a tiny bowl of anything that isn't good for me.  It's $5 for all you can eat, which is better than me spending all that money on produce I'll never take the time to cut up for salads at home.  It was a goldmine, needless to say.

Anyway I'm going to hit the hay.  Tomorrow is no less busy, it'll be heavy on writing whereas I've spent a lot of time today doing my "real" job. 

To sum up I'm not officially swimming yet, but closer than I've ever been.

I'm not officially sold yet, but closer than I've ever been.

It's been an eventful few days.

Time to go soak in hot water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Swim Dory Swimmmmmmmmmmmm :)  ehh, what was I hear for?  Who are you?  Its nice to meet you ;)

I'm so proud of you-I know water has been a big fear for you since I have known you-this...is...big!!!  You have faced all these fears head on-that is a HUGE accomplishment :)

Jeff