Tuesday, April 5, 2005

A busy day in store

Monday ended up being my free exercise day because of unforeseen developments (which I will go into later), so I'll do it on Saturday instead.  Which will make me feel better about being bad on Saturday.  And, to be quite honest, I don't want to go to the gym on Mondays anyway - too crowded.  I hate fighting for machines.

Plus I have entirely too much to do.  I heard from the producer yesterday.  Turns out, he had sent it on to his associate.  Guess what?  They both like it.  I have both their notes to finish what will essentially be the "polish" - they say polish but I think enough is changing that another rewrite may in fact be necessary.  Either way, it was an eventful day.

The producer I've been corresponding with was very positive when we spoke on the phone.  He said that I did a great job on the first draft which was so much better than the scripts he normally reads about vampires - (he also went on to say it was better than most scripts turned in for this kind of budget, and said with that alone it should be a "great little flick").  He said I was imaginative and had unique ideas and great dialogue.  He liked that I got him a good product quickly - I think he was shocked by it.  I know I was.

He also said how he could film one particular scene to make it scary, which did make it scary, which is how I'll write it now.  He had some suggestions, we had some discussions and I think the end result will be better than what it is now (which, according to the producer's associate, in the producers hands "we have a movie already".)

All excellent news.  I'm pretty close, y'all.  Now I just have to trust my instincts and bang out this rewrite/polish by Friday like I promised him.  I know I can do it - but it's going to involve a lot of dedication on my part, but I have it in me.

It's my time.

I have some extra work to do with my job and plus there's Boot Camp and swimming lessons - but I'm going to schedule my time to fit it all in. 

I can do this.

Because I deserve this.

BTW, I did good on the food even though I didn't exercise, I found a great salad bar/healthy restaurant I'll tell you about tomorrow.  Right now it's working and writing.  That way my afternoon and evening will be free to exercise and swim.

Swim!  EEEK.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginger, I am very excited for you and your wonderful script!! You could get in lots of exercise just by doing a Happy Dance! ; ) Congratulations - and go for it all (you deserve it all) but don't let it bog you down!
http://journals.aol.com/patchmom/WeightLossJournal/
Steph