Wednesday, January 26, 2005

So sick of being sick

I'm convinced it's bacterial.  I think I may need to get antibiotics in order to get over this whatever it is I have.  Today even though I couldn't exercise, I couldn't eat either.  So I guess with every black cloud...

Anyway, I was reading an article by the trainers from The Biggest Loser.  While I wasn't happy by the competitive nature of the show, the article was much, much better.  And it just showed me something.  I can trust my instincts.

Everything I have done or am doing (currently mixing up my caloric intake every few days or so) they suggested, so I know I'm on the right track.

I've just got to learn to trust myself.  All this stress to be Miss Dieter Perfect is counter productive.  I know what to do, I've been doing it.  The results are obvious.  I've lost 6" so far this month, and that's pretty good if I do say so myself. 

It's not always ideal but neither is life.  I just need to be easier on myself.  The only person putting this pressure on me is me.  And I need to quit.

So I'm gonna just chill, allow my body to become strong again.  I'm going to take some me time and just relax, allow time to heal and get well.

Once I'm 100%, I'm back on the horse.  I'm not even really off the horse now.  I'm living life the way most people do when they're sick.  They take it easy and don't push themselves too hard.  The time to meet and go beyond my limits will come.

Right now, I'm just going to take some advice from Steve Perry and Be Good to Myself.

Today's DAILY AFFIRMATION comes from an eating disorder website that encourages those with eating disorders (including those such as binge eating/emotional overeating) to GET REAL.  A couple of these apply to those who suffer from anorexia or bullemia, but the others definitely apply to those of us on the other side of the coin.  I think it's important that we as women learn to separate our identity from our bodies, that's why I highlighted #3.  It's the one that speaks loudest to me, personally.

10 Things You Can Do to Get Real
    1. Create a list of all the things you like about who you are - read it and add to it often.

    2. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from participating in activities that you enjoy.

    3. Become aware of what your body helps you do each day. Remember that it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.

    4. Think about all of the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently waste worrying about your appearance. Try one!

    5. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.

    6. Remind yourself: Life is too short to waste time hating your body!

    7. Consciously choose to avoid making comments about other people or yourself on the basis of body size or appearance.

    8. Enjoy your favorite meal without feelings of guilt or anxiety over calories and fat grams.

    9. Throw out the diet products in your house (e.g. fat-free cheese, diet pills, the scale).

    10. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty. Get Real.
     

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just get yourself healthy before you do double time in stressing!  i know you know that already, but sometimes hearing it from an objective person reaffirms it for you.  No one can do it all 100% of the time, it's setting yourself up when you try to do so much when you aren't feeling well.  I hope you feel better.  

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better soon.
Elisa