Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Life Happens...

Yesterday I was trucking along right on plan and then I had company and went right off plan just as easily.  I didn't do too badly with food, but I had a couple of drinks and wasted purely empty calories on it.  My bad.

Today, however, has been GREAT.  I got in 1250 calories BUT I also ate 3 servings of veggies and 3 servings of fruit.  So even though I ate less, I ate better.  This is a good thing.

I'm ready to make some goals.

 

I abandoned goals a long time ago because I would get really frustrated when I didn't meet those goals.  However, I think having something to run towards will motivate me rather than this loosey goosey let the chips fall where they may attitude. 

So... I'm going to weigh myself on Tuesday, February 1.  I've set a goal to lose 3lbs by that point.  However, I've also got a backup plan of three INCHES as well, because I know even if the scale doesn't agree, it's not the only measurement of success.

Therefore it's three inches and or pounds or BUST.

 

The exercise has been a bust.  For some reason my knee gave way on me yesterday and I've been dosed up on painkillers with my knee wrapped in a Thermo Care heat wrap.   I'm going to go to bed early, get up early and still make it to the gym even if all I can do is upper body work. 

I've got to.

There's a goal on the line.

 

I started my college classes on Monday and it was a little overwhelming.  However I broke it down into small manageable pieces so I feel a lot more in control.  The writing course is one of my first classes, so I feel confident I can ace it. 

 

Of course that put my own writing on the backburner.  It's time to brush My Immortal off and get it out to publishers and to agents.  It's not going to sell sitting in a file on my computer.

I have a goal there to - to be sold or repped by the end of the year.  Here it is, halfway through January and I'm still sitting on my tuckus.  This isn't the way to do it.

 

I did have a really long talk with my mom today, lots of stuff aired that needed to be aired.  Things we needed to talk about that needed to be talked about.  I felt really positive after it was over.  So I hope that some of my underlying issues are on the mend as well. 

It's weird.  The more you're yourself, the more people accept you.

Whoda thunkit?

No comments: