Friday, January 28, 2005

The Oprah Challenge

You know what?  I think I'm ready.

I'm sitting here thinking of all the food I want to eat before I can't eat it anymore, and there really aren't any.

There's nothing I'm going to be brokenhearted to lose. 

That's progress.

 

Another Atta Girl moment... remember how the measuring tape couldn't fit around me last year?  Now it fits around me AND Steven.  THAT is too cool for words.

The scale may not show a great big loss, but the tape doesn't lie.

 

I do like Celebrity Fit Club I've decided.  They are really good about seeing where body composition might be changing, so they are very encouraging when the stats are lower than they expected.  I like that, and I can support it. 

The person who gained 12lbs was indeed not eating properly because he had quit smoking.  So therefore it wasn't due to muscle gain or water retention.

 

One thing they do that I favor is they set goals.  So I decided I'm going to set a goal weight loss for this Oprah Fit Club.  And we're going to be realistic about it too.  I'm going to lose 30lbs.  Ten pounds a month is pretty attainable I think  And it's going to be fat that I lose.  Even if the scale says I haven't lost but ten pounds OR that I've even gained, that will be all muscle baby.

This program requires 8 workouts a week.  There is NO WAY I'm going to gain fat this way.  No way. 

This week has been a total bust because I've just been wretchedly sick.  Jeremiah now has it and I worry Steven may be coming down with it to.

But that's okay.  No matter what I weigh in on February 7 (that's Day One),I'm going to be 30lbs lighter on May 7.

 

This will mean that I'm going to be in Boot Camp even if we take our spring getaway.  That oughta be interesting.  That will be a huge test right there.  Can I really be "on vacation" and stay on task?

Only time will tell. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the Oprah's Fit Club!  I joined the Discovery Channel's National Body Challenge on 1-15-05 and so far it's helped to motivate me.  
I also have just starting watching Celebrity Fit show and thought I wouldn't like it, but after 2 episodes I'm hooked.
Lisa,

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS A LOT LIKE DR. PHILS PLAN..  ATLEAST THE FIRST 14 DAYS OF IT.  I LOST 15 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS ON THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE.  SO I SAY GO FOR IT!!  I BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL LOSE LOTS OF WEIGHT!  WAY TO GO!!  ~T

Anonymous said...

You did very well on past vacations, I have no doubt you can do it again :)  Jeff

Anonymous said...


 After watching the Biggest Loser and really being hooked on the show. I thought Celebrity Fit Club was a joke at first.  However I have come to like it and I watch it every week.  Please don't get me wrong I loved the biggest loser. Congrats to all of the participiants they have inspired many people. The only thing I kept saying to my wife, over and over and over is they are in a controlled enviroment. Anyone with the desire can shed the pounds like they did on the ranch. You give me that much equipment and I would go crazy.
The Celebrity Fit Club adds the main ingredient, these people have to go into the real world and work their jobs and try to lose weight. That is where the "rubber meets the road".
Myself I am no longer overweight I used to be only because I have and eating problem which has since been curbed. Nonetheless I do enjoy the wieght loss shows and I think that they are very good for all to see.

Anonymous said...

I think you are a great lady and will do what you have put your mind too. I like your dog pictures I have a poodle who is very playfully like your pug. Let the Lord give you the strenght and will power to reach all you desire.

mywalk8@aol.com