Monday, January 24, 2005

Sigh.

I'm sick.

A-gain.

I'm so tired of being sick.  I can't even tell you. 

I blame the weather for just not being able to shake the flu.  It's cold one day and warm the next, and with dust storms and wind storms there just hasn't been the opportunity to get a leg up on wellness.

I don't know if I need antibiotics or not, with us no longer being insured I don't really have the $$ to find out. 

But we may end up spending $$ to find out. This is getting ridiculous.

 

I do have a goal though for February 1st, since I already met the 3" goal (yayyy!).  I'd like to aim for 10" for the month of January.  So this means, sick or not I have GOT to get my booty out of the house and moving again.  It's going to be fairly nice in the next few days (with rain due on Thursday - joy), so I'm going to try my able bodied best to get moving. 

Goals are good, I've decided.  Unattainable goals are bad, but simple goals are good. 

I'm going to do my work tonight, take some Nyquil and go back to bed.  I'm trying to sleep this crap off. 

Tomorrow tho, it's time to take Mr. Man to the park.  We're only going to walk a mile and then we're going to go to the gym.  That is my exercise goal for tomorrow.  Barring coughing up a lung, I'm going to get through it.

 

I'm still seriously considering LA Weight Loss.  I'm hesitant, because it does cost money.  I've been doing it on my own BUT I think I'm at that point where I need help - obviously.  Interestingly, they are hiring right now and Steven is going to check it out.  Since we won't have the extra money until next month anyway, maybe he can see what it's all about before I have to commit any money to it.

I'm also hesitant because it's a "diet" and you all know how I feel about diets.  It just depends on how realistic it is.  From the commercials, which is about all I know so far, it sounds like it's realistic, like they teach you how to eat well with your own food rather than supplement your meals with their products. 

I'll have to look into it some more I think.  Best to make an informed decision.

 

I'm excited about school so far.  Despite my 84% on my grammar exercises I've got a perfect score so far in both classes.  This is very cool. 

What's even cooler is that I had a poor grade in one aspect (4 out of 10) and when I responded to the teacher's "Do you think you explained this adequately" with, "Well my first thought was that I did.  My second thought is that I may have missed the mark considering my grade."  I went on to explain one of the things she had a question about, and she changed the grade to 10 out of 10. 

That was pretty decent. 

College life is interesting!

 

I've also been re-reading Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway.  Just bits and pieces, mind you, but it's slapped me hard in the face that I've slipped considerably.  She says that living a positive life takes practice.  I've slacked off in more than just diet and exercise, and it could very well be that because I slipped back into negative thinking that I've slipped back into negative behavior.

In fact, that makes a whole lot of sense.

SO, toward that end it's time to incorporate daily affirmations again.  Even if it's the same thing day after day, that's okay.  I need to remind myself that:

DAILY AFFIRMATION:  I am strong and capable and I deserve good things.

Because I forget that way too easily.  And I need to get over that, seriously.

To channel Stuart Smalley, "Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enought, and doggoneit, people like me!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are still sick :(  It sounds like you are doing well in your classes like I knew you would!!!  

All without the payoff of a Rod Stewart LP-how do you do it???  :)  That is a blast from the past huh?  What was that?  1980-81?  

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Yep, I know what it's like to be sick...I am down with a cold for the umpteenth time...this is really getting old!  You're doing better than I am if you get out and exercise while you're not feeling well.  I am lacking the energy to do that.  Actually, I'm lacking in just about everything lately when it comes to weight loss.  I've lost my motivation and have been struggling to get it back.
I'm interested in the book you said you started reading again...Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway.   Who is that by?  Is that where you get all of the affirmations you put in your journal?  It sounds like something I might need to look into reading...I could use some positive affirmations right about now!
Hang in there...you're still doing great...as long as you keep trying you'll make it!
*HUGS* ~ Nancy :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your journal (courtesy of Irisflower's link to your journal), and everyone seems to be sick. I hope you feel much better soon, I think it's great you have the energy to walk a mile, i am not even sick and just have no desire to do that right now lol!   I'm always sick also (i work in an ER, I'd like to blame it on that but i can't, i was always this way lol).  Anyway Feel better, and you ARE worth it, keep up the good work!