Friday, September 3, 2004

I Have Made Up My Mind...

I don't care what the scale says. 

I ate a really good meal last night - a really good meal.  Took my calories over 2000.  I stepped on my home scale this morning and saw a weight gain of 5lbs.  Five pounds!! 

I know I did not gain five pounds on the meal I ate last night.  I had a 6oz pork chop, baked, fat not eaten, I had a half serving of Rice a Roni Broccoli Au Gratin, I had a serving of Ranch Style Beans and a piece of my cheated garlic bread (made out of wheat rolls with garlic powder, no salt, and lower fat margerine).  This meal did not make me gain five pounds. 

I've been 3 miles every day, with effort mind you - making it in an hour most days or darn close the other days.  All my calories this week have come seriously under 2000, and I've been drinking my water every day (around about 60oz).

There is no way that equals a weight gain.  Period.  I don't care what the scale says.  When I weigh in tomorrow at GNC if it says I have gained five pounds, I won't care about that either.

I've finally flipped it over in my head that I'm doing what I need to do to be healthy - I'm eating the right things, I'm exercising, and the weight loss will come.  If not today, it will definitely come soon.  It has to.

Another thing I have decided is that I have just as much chance as anyone to win that contest on Bravo.  Yesterday I started wigging out a bit thinking about the competition - that more than likely they're going to get a huge response to this free contest (The Nicholl gets about 6000 a year, with a fee and without national advertising).  I figure most will be people trying to cash in on quick money and fame but won't have a lick of talent (like an American Idol audition for writing).  Most will likely try to cash in on the gay angle considering Sean Hayes is a co producer, and this is the network that brought us Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, so I wouldn't be surprised the hackneyed ideas they will have to sort through.

Those people don't concern me.  It's the people who have worked in television before, who aren't working now and need a gig.  This is open to everyone, professsional and amateur alike.  And there are a lot of people with a lot more experience than me.

However...

There's no one out there with this idea (I'm pretty sure - it's fairly original.  I'm going to let y'all read it as soon as the contest is closed).  I am a talented writer and even though I don't have a lot of experience with sitcom scripts I do have experience writing scripts - and the sitcom is just a hybrid of the feature film scripts I already know how to write.  The idea is funny, it has a lot of room for growth - read: longevity.  And they would want me to make it to the final two.

I'm someone people can root for.  I'm following my dream on the heels of what I've accomplished (and continue to accomplish) with the weight loss.  By the time the reality show portion of this contest goes into production, there's no telling how much more weight I'll have lost - this would truly be a rags to riches story.  Middle American may not relate to someone wanting to write and getting their chance, but I know a heck of a lot of people understand breaking through what holds us back to live the life of our dreams.  This is the story that brings out the champion in all of us.

And I have it!

They want me.  Not only because I can give them the sitcom they want (funny, original), but because I can make the most out of the reality show they want to preface it. 

Yep.  I'm gonna win. 

So that's it.  The Chatterbox is officially on Mute and I'm going to start thinking positive.  It is hard for me, it feels like conceit, but you know what?  Forget that.  Like my wonderful cousin Jay says, I'm not conceited.  I'm convinced.

This is my offical Declaration of Success:

In the weight loss - I will not be moved by what I see on the scale.  I'm going to have faith that all my hard work will pay off.

In the writing  - They say that success is what happens with talent meets opportunity.  So I'm going to seize every single opportunity instead of listening to that doubting Thomas that says I don't have a chance because there's someone out there better than me.  That, indeed, is true.  But that doesn't mean I don't have the talent to pull it off - I have just as much chance as anyone else, if not more than most.

I'll leave you with a motivational song for today:

Prince/ Baby I'm a Star

Hey, look me over
Tell me do u like what u see?
Hey, I ain't got no money
But honey I'm rich on personality
Hey, check it all out
Baby I know what it's all about
Before the night is through
U will see my point of view
Even if I have 2 scream and shout

Baby I'm a (star)
Might not know it now
Baby but I r, I'm a (star)
I don't want to stop, 'til I reach the top
Sing it (We are all a star!)

Hey, take a listen
Tell me do u like what u hear?
If it don't turn u on
Just say the word and I'm gone
But honey I know, ain't nothing
Wrong with your ears
Hey, check it all out
Better look now or it just might be 2 late (just might be 2 late)
My lucks gonna change tonight
There's gotta be a better life
Take a picture sweetie
I ain't got time 2 waste

Oh baby I'm a (star)
Might not know it now
Baby but I r, I'm a (star)
I don't want to stop, 'til I reach the top
Sing it! (We are all a star!)

Everybody say, nothing come 2 easy
But when u got it baby, nothing come 2 hard
You'll see what I'm all about (see what I'm all about)
If I gotta scream and shout (if I gotta scream and shout)
Baby baby (baby) baby (baby) baby (baby)
yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah (star)

Might not know it now
Baby but I r, I'm a (star)
I don't want to stop, 'til I reach the top
Sing it! (star)

Baby baby baby
oh baby I'm a (star)
baby baby baby
somebody
(We are all a star)

(Baby I'm a star)
We are all a star

We are all a star

 

No comments: