Friday, September 17, 2004

Aaack

What's that saying, life is what happens to you when you're busy making plans?

Today is my son Jeremiah's birthday.  He's 12.  I was just going to do the birthday party on Saturday, but like any mother I want to spoil my kid rotten on his special day.  So he gets two, count em, two parties.  One, tonight, a barbeque at the house and the next one tomorrow at a pizza joint in town.  One is for family, the other is for the kids solely.

In the meantime, what Steven wanted to do on Monday we're doing tonight instead - and I'm frantic about the state of my house.  With two kids, my house has always been chaotic, but unless I do something it never gets really clean.  Call it the curse of living with men.   I actually think I wouldn't mind having twin girls, because that would raise the estrogen level around here. 

Anyway so last night we went shopping for the birthday boy and didn't get home till late.  So guess what happened to that walk.  Yep, you guessed correctly.  I have so fallen off the wagon this week. 

But I'm not going to beat myself up for it.  I'm going to go ahead and ride out the rest of this week and start Monday anew.  I'm not even going to weigh in tomorrow. 

One thing I finally DID get accomplished is the final draft of my sitcom pilot for Bravo's Situation: Comedy.  I'm pretty proud of it, actually, I think I actually have a fighting chance.  I know the competition is stiff BUT I think I have a rather unique idea.

Here's the logline:  When the Devil gets fired and kicked out of hell, he must find a new job and a place to live in Los Angeles.

Title:  The Devil Went Down to Burbank

So in between cleaning my house top to bottom I need to go proof it one more time, print it, brad it and get it in the mail.

Who needs to exercise??  I'm burning tons o' calories just running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Hello!  I just caught up with all of your entries.  I have just been submerged in another world--trying to to make a relationship right--but it is the battle of the impossible odds.  You have been very busy and I am glad you are still hanging in!  I was depressed too for September 11; the convention being in NY didn't do much to calm my nerves either.  In our area they have highway postings to alert suspicious activity and this underscores the disgusting aspects of 9/11.  I thought your remarks on Dan et al were very poignant.  You are eloquent in your pain.  I feel as if I shall never have a relationship.  I wonder if having an awful one would even be better than having none, but I know better.  I am thinking your memories are treasures--do not grieve--rejoice you possess them.  No one can ever take them away.  You are an inspiration to many; keep on the journey--keep your focus sharp-- you are closer not farther from your destination.  Congratulations you look excellent.