Thursday, September 16, 2004

Being Still

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I'm not real good at being still and doing nothing. 

Yesterday when I woke up from my drug induced nap, my back was twinging worse than ever.  So I didn't bother doing much of anything.  Was supposed to go shopping, didn't.  Was supposed to go on a walk, didn't.  Was supposed to cook dinner, didn't.  Was supposed to write on the sitcom so I could get it prepared for the Saturday deadline, finally did because I just couldn't stand doing nothing anymore.

I'm one of those crazy folks who mistake motion for progress.  I'm always doing something.  To be out of whack this week due to the depression of early week and the pain of mid week makes me feel like I'm stalled in the mud.  I know I can lose weight but I'm not going to do that sitting on my rump.

So today, unless my back goes totally out I'm going to make that walk.  I'll take the short route and I'll walk it slow, but I'm going to do it. 

 

No comments: