Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Back on the Horse... or at least - beside it.

Tuesdays are killer days for me.  I have to get up extra early and do several hours worth of work.  Both last week and today it's done a number on my back.  I'll be so glad when October hits so I can finally see a doctor about this.

Yesterday was my official Back on Track day.  Eating well: check.  Plan to exercise: check.  Actually getting off of my butt and doing it: er, not checked.  I meant to go for a walk last night with Steven but we were so bombarded with errands to run, and Steven is working a 46 hour week this week so he didn't get home until late anyway - we didn't even sit down to dinner until 9:30pm. 

But I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  I am going to take a pill for my back, lay down for a bit and then hit the ground running.  Oprah got fit this summer doing Pilates daily - so I figure I'm going to bump it up to doing Pilates during the week.  I may not can do the crunches right away, but Pilates is all about strengthening your core.  My plan until I can see a doc:  if it hurts, don't do it.

Having the food back under control was a very good thing though.  I don't like feeling out of control, and the, "if I don't know how bad it is, it doesn't count" theory no longer works for me.  I even had a big ol salad yesterday.  It was good, too.  And I found a sugar free creamy bacon dressing yesterday with only like 4 grams of fat - I can't wait to try it today. 

In the meantime, it's time for a pain reliever.  I'm getting mighty fed up with this stupid back pain.  Grrrrr.

 

No comments: