Friday, August 13, 2004

Hectic Preparations

No walk today either, but I'm sure I got some steps in.  I've been up and down and all over the place trying to get some stuff done.  Talk about your chaos.  I'm doing twenty things at once and I'm completely scatterbrained.

But I'm happy. 

I'm going to get a weigh in tomorrow morning so one more entry and then I'll be gone until the 18th.  In other words.. my journal will be dark - to use a Vegasy term.

Catch you in the morning.

**Edited later....

4:10 am.

Insomnia sucks.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.  As I'm laying there trying my hardest to go to sleep since about 2am, all I can think of is stuff I have yet to pack or else I'll forget, things I have left to do, like straighten the house, mop the floors, wash the bedding just in case my Mom stays at the house.  

We already went to Walmart to pick up munchies for the trip as well as school supplies for the kiddoes.  I think I did pretty well.  Considering I won't have any way to eat the proteins I normally eat, I allowed myself minor sweets.  By that meaning honey flavored pretzels and animal crackers.  I also picked up some banana chips as well as some almonds, just for the blood sugar.  I'm also taking my chromium along.  I'm going to have my Kashi cereal in the morning (if I ever get to sleep that is) and a peanut butter sandwich before we hit the road.  Hopefully the protein from those two meals, plus the dinner I'm treating my best friend to before jumping on the bus, will help keep things steady until we get to Vegas Sunday afternoon. 

Meanwhile I just remembered five things I need to pack so I better go put this energy to good use.

I hate this not being able to sleep, I know it's going to screw with my numbers on the scale tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer.  Let my luck begin before I even get to Vegas.  LOL

 

No comments: