Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Exhaustion Thy Name is PMS

It occured to me last night as I scarfed everything in sight that my exhaustion was indeed hormonal.  I suffer from PMS, and with it comes mood swings, exhaustion, and cravings.  I eat every thing in sight.  Even my cats looked worried. 

Thank God for sugar free Hershey bars, that's all I'm sayin.

The schedule flipping didn't work exactly like I hoped, but I'm not giving up.  It may take more than one day.  I am getting older.  Used to be I could stay up in 36 hour marathons with my best friend.  Now if I'm a few minutes over 16 hours I'm cranky and in need of a nap.

I guess if I want to get a walk in I'm going to have to get dinner started.  Enchiladas - nummy.  I love cheating my favorite foods.  If I could find a way to cheat Chinese food I'd be in Food Heaven.

It's a good thing I can now cheat chocolate or else it would be an ugly, UGLY few days around this PMS suffering household.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gin,
 According to the Natural Health books, you can stop the cravings if you are getting the right Nutrition and vitamins.   Ahhh, but I regress into my natural health mantra.  Here's a look at some natural health information that maybe helpful.
http://www.healthyhealing.com/about.html  They have one nutritional supplement for PMS.  I haven't used it (cause I don't have anything left to PMS about) :)  but it would be worth a try to help your symptoms.
Love,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Ginger, everybody gets hungry during pms (even men LOL!).  Just make sure to eat plenty and I do mean plenty of good red meat and get your non completely fat free milk--for added calcium (/other misc salts) which at that time will help to stabilize the cell salts.  Watch your cell salts with all of that excess water that you are drinking.  Good thing you dwell in TX because your system is somewhat adapted to the demands of such a hot/highly humid climate and knows how to conserve the cell salts which help to regulate both your cellular integrity, your homonal synchrony, etc.  Get some cell salts if your health food store offers them and you feel you need them; otherwise for leg cramping consider potassium tablets, (tiny grain under the tongue).  May the force continue to be with you my good friend.

S