Tuesday, February 8, 2005

An update

I was so busy today I didn't get a chance to post earlier.  It was an off program day mostly because Steven has come down with a cold so I didn't want to starve his body while it was working so hard to fend off getting sick. 

 

One thing I am doing, and I'm finding it to be particularly challenging, is not eating 3 hours before I go to bed.

I didn't realize what a bad habit I had snacking late at night.

 

Today I give myself an attagirl for saying no to thumbprint cookies.  We have a bakery here that has wonderful thumbprint cookies and we just happened to be downtown paying a bill, right down the street.  I wanted them... really really wanted them... but I didn't cave.

I gave in on having three servings of starches instead of one, but didn't cave on the sweets. I'm pretty proud of that.

Thank God for diet soda and sugar free candy.  It takes the pain out of these hard decisions. 

 

Anyway I'll be back tomorrow.  Between work, school and a houseful of sick people (the boys were out of school yesterday with it) I've got my hands full.

But I'm still on task - no excuses.

 

By the way, thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and sweet emails.  If I haven't gotten back to you I will.  I've been swamped lately and still trying to catch up.  I'm not ignoring you, I promise.  :)

Love to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful with that sugar free candy!!  (read the warnings on the package)  This is one of those things I've found out the hard way.

hugs!!
=) kris
http://journals.aol.com/kristeenaelise/thedailypurge

Anonymous said...

I would have ate a couple of dozen of those cookies if I would have had the couple of days you have had, atta girl for not caving!  I'm so sorry to hear about Steven's Grandfather.  I hope everyone is on the mend and tomorrow is better for all.  Jeff