Thursday, February 3, 2005

My body had a 35 year warranty

The spirit was willing, the knee was weak.

I didn't make it to the gym although I did go shopping and it took over an hour, walking all over Wally World.  It's exercise in my book.

Plus I got all kinds of healthy goodies so I'm pretty proud of that.  Oprah's Boot Camp eppy has been delayed yet again, so I'll just wing it until then.  Turns out I need the delay, I'm fallin apart.  I spent last two days braced up, bandaged up and drugged.

 

I woke up today after two hours of sleep to find my wrist in unbeLIEVable pain.  I slathered on the Icy Hot and put on the wrist brace, but it wasn't until I put my elbow brace on that I got any kind of relief at all.  I think that doctor was right on, the nerve problem I have is there in the elbow area rather than carpal tunnel.  I still don't remember the exact term.  I'll research it when I'm not dragging from exhaustion.

It was enough to get the work done and the school work done today.

I have to say I'm pretty excited about the college courses.  I found out today that I have some really interesting classes coming up, including World Religions and Environmental Science.  And no math from here till September.  Thank you GOD.  I'm not very good at math, and I'm really quite intimidated by college level math.  EEEK.

I'll just take it as it comes.  It's a lot less daunting that way.  As is anything else.

 

Meanwhile I'm going to try my level best to stay up just a little longer so that I can finally sleep through the night. 

It doesn't look so good.  I'm fading fast.  I'm holding off on the pain pills until the last possible moment.

I think I deserve several atta girls even though I didn't quite meet my goals.  I read a quote, I can't remember quite where now, but it says to celebrate the journey and the attempts, not just the successes.  So that's what I'm going to do.

I get an atta girl for making it the store and making good purchasing choices.

I get an atta girl for getting my college assigments done on time and being more organized this week.

I get an atta girl for eating on program today.

I get an atta girl for telling my mom no thanks when she offered to make me a pineapple upside down cake (which, btw, is one of my more favorite types of cake)

I get an atta girl for staying awake until almost 8pm when I reeeeeeeeeally wanted a nap earlier.

That's good for now.  Dr. Phil says it takes 1000 atta girls to replace every ONE negative comment.  This is just the tip of the iceberg.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger,

I am a 37 year old female, newly separated, depressed, and overweight.  I have lost about 10 pounds since I stopped "binging" on fast food every day, mostly because I can no longer afford it.  My weight is now about 280, and this being the heaviest time of my life.  How did I allow this to happen to me?

Anyway, I am intrigued by your journal, so I set up an alert to let me know when you post.  It is rather comforting to read that someone else is going through this, and very close to my same weight.  Please share what your diet plan is, and your exercise regimen.

Thanks for sharing.

Anita (Portland, Oregon)

Anonymous said...

I hope your knee gets to feeling better.  Congrats on all the atta girls you racked up today :)  I'll add one more:  atta girl for being you :)  Jeff

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a huge amount on your plate these days and you are managing them all pretty darn well...now that's another "atta girl" in my opinion!  Just remember to give yourself some "Ginger" time in there somewhere to relax and refresh.  It can be so easy to let that slide when you get busy, but it is a vital part of the journey!  (believe me, I know...allowing myself time for me is usually the last thing on my list and alot of the time it doesn't happen at all...then I end up feeling the consequences later on down the road!)  Best of luck with your Oprah Boot Camp...you are a braver woman than I!!!  LOL  *HUGS* ~ Nancy :-)