Monday, December 6, 2004

It ain't right...

I take Jeremiah to the doctor for his migraine and *I* get a shot.  In the patootie.  Lemme tell ya, it doesn't matter how much padding is back there... those things still sting.

Why did I get a shot, you may be asking.  Well, I finally got motivated to check out my wrist pain as it became problematic on the way to pick up JD from school.  The pain radiates from my wrist all the way up my arm, over my shoulder and down into my chest.  It feels like a nerve thing, like right under the skin, but it also affects my neck too.  I finally got tired of worrying about it and decided since we were at the doctor's anyway, I'd just go ahead and get seen.

The good news it's not my heart like I feared.  The doctor seems to think it's not even carpal tunnel because the wrong fingers are affected.  She mentioned another nerve system that is located in the elbow and suggested maybe I need a brace there instead of on my hand.  She took a dozen xrays, gave me a steroid shot for the pain and some drugs (Bextra).  I am still kinda dragging after the shot, wonder what the pills are going to do.  I'll research it later.

Anyway with this, and things going kinda haywire with the job (I'm seriously looking for another job at the moment just as a contingency plan) it's been a real struggle to even get the eating thing down.  The exercise?  Pft.  That's not even in the equation.

It kinda makes me want to postpone the weigh in.  That's not what matters anyway.  I was curious what it would show after a month of steady working out, but that kinda went out the window.  But the muscle I have could possibly be doing some good, I dunno.  I haven't decided yet. 

I'll let you know tomorrow.  I'm going to take my pill and go veg out.  It was all I could do to write out the My Immortal installments.  I'm at like 49000+ now, in the home stretch.  I really am into it too.  I've been writing like a maniac, no wonder I my wrist is giving me fits.  The climax of the story has ME on the edge of my seat and I know what's gonna happen LOL  I guess I've done a pretty good job building the stakes because I'm really eager to finish it off.

That and to just be done with it so I can start selling it.  Which is what happens after that.

Hopefully, crossing fingers, I can have some money coming in from my writing to supplement my job.  Until then I may just have to take a second job myself.

I'll catch y'all tomorrow.  With or without the weigh in, only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love keeping up with your journal, and I just read about your wrist pain... I am a chiropractic assistant / CRT. Pain that radiates down into the arms, wrists, hands, and fingers, stems from your cervical spine (or neck) believe it or not. Getting regular chiropractic adjustments REALLY helps diminish the pain, and also helps stop the root of the problem! (Unlike drugs or shots that tend to cover up the pain temporarily.) Your spine is more than likely out of alignment. This causes the bone to rest on a nerve which results in a "pinched nerve" causing pain to radiate throughout the body. If you ever get a tingling or numbness sensation running down your arms & into your hands and fingers that's even worse. It's amazing how quickly patients of ours (with your same symptoms) get relief without drugging themselves up! And just to throw this in....... If you're one of the many who are nervous about chiropractic care, think of it this way: A medical doctor's malpractice insurance rate is tens of thousands of dollars. A chiropractor's malpractice rate: $900. Just thought I'd put in my two cents!! =o]