Sunday, December 5, 2004

Another Atta Girl Day

Okay we all know from my last entry I was pretty down in the mouth.  I can't tell you how much the love and support and acceptance I got from you guys meant to me, I just really am the luckiest woman on J-Land for having such a great group to hold me up when I start to fall down.

When I say I couldn't do this without you, I mean it.  That's not to diminish me at all, but to acknowledge how difficult this journey can be, and how much we all, as humans, need support, encouragement and acknowledgment.  Oprah says that the basic human need is to be heard.  You not only heard me, you listened, and I can't tell you how much it helped.

On to my atta girl news.  I didn't go to the gym again today, and I was pretty upset about it.  Basically it boils down to us needing the $$ and having to prioritize that above the fitness, at least for this past week.  (That and my stoopid wrist and head)  My first really good day where I felt ready to tackle the gym (it was even a "thin" day and I lost all my bloat inches from last week), and Steven had to work on his second job.  I hate that he had to take it, but we're really hurting at the moment.  So we gotta do what we gotta do.

I planned on doing the bike and Pilates anyway that evening after getting some work done.

Unfortunately that didn't happen either.  But what happened was just as, if not more, important.  I basically had a HUGE test today and I passed it, flying colors.

I told you all that I work for my sister selling photos on Ebay.  Well things are a little rough right now, I'm not sure if it's the economy or wartime or what, but it's been pretty hairy.  My sister, under the strain that comes with a bad economy/wartime and a small business, needed to come over and blow off steam.  Her first impulse - eat, drink and be merry.

Well I have a weigh in planned for Monday (actually it'll be Tuesday now, Steven has to work Monday) and I didn't want to drink.  Drinking helped me blow up like a balloon last week and I realized how badly it affected my weight, even though I was pretty responsible my week off fitday, and I did a whole lotta walking.  I know what the culprit was and I didn't want to give in.

I also knew that with my own money troubles I was prime for feeding my troubles. 

I'm happy to report that neither happened.  My calorie take on Sat was in the 2200s, which is what I allow for Saturday.  And I didn't drink.  I thought about it, but I chose not to.

Even as stressed out as I was, as freaked out as I was, I did okay.

Huge HUGE atta girl.  HUGE.

Anyway it's very late and I've yet to write some on My Immortal, so I'll let this entry be brief.  I'll be back with stats and tips in tomorrow's entry.

Again I really want to thank you guys for always standing beside me, no matter how I stumble.  I really, really, really appreciate it.  Your support is my lifeline.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on staying on your goals in the face of troubles!  http://pointclickjeff.blogspot.com/  Jeff