Saturday, May 28, 2005

Still on program

Sorry for not blogging more faithfully.  I know that was indicative of my going off wagon in the past but I'm still on program.  I have been watching my calories even though I'm not doing the fitday thing right now.  I wore my pedometer today and managed to log in 4000 steps.  It's a good starting place. 

I'm still feeling good.  I'm eating only when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied.  Just doing that alone has reigned in my overeating.  I've also been getting in my water requirement.  I haven't measured or weighed yet, I finally found my tape measure yesterday. 

Memorial Day is coming.  Holidays = food generally.  I want to cookout because that's the thing to do, and my sister and I found a pretty legal way to have hot dogs (thank you Hebrew International).  Their 97% fat free franks are about 50 calories per link with only 1.5 grams of fat per. 

I love finding legal ways to enjoy "normal" food. 

I'm also toying with the idea to make the Memorial Day cake - it's pound cake topped with blueberries, strawberries and whip cream.   I can make that pretty legal too, and it's a refreshing, light dessert perfect for a near summer day.

So my GPA is now 3.25, with 2 A-, one B and one B-.  Hopefully these new courses will take it up closer to 3.50.  They're more challenging so far, and this is just week one.  I have to make a Powerpoint presentation of my final essay for my Ethics class.

Sounds intimidating, but Jeff assures me that it's pretty easy to grasp.

The kids are out of school.

Help me Lord.

Time to enlist their help at the gym so we can all get off our butts and away from the boob tube. 

I still have that membership to the zoo.  That's one way to jump up my steps.

Anyhoo... I'm going to end this chill day with reading in a nice relaxing bubble bath.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

Be safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Memorial Day cake sounds great...have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger, I love your site and am asking your permission to list it on my journal site under "Other Journals".  My journal can be found at http://journals.aol.com/sittinoutside/ChasingDownNormal/
Thanks very much for your kind consideration. ~~ Beth