Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Weigh In Day

Anti-climatic at best.

I haven't lost anything.  In fact I'm up by 7 ounces.

But I'm okay.  It's easy to put things in perspective when I lost 3 inches this week.

I know how it works - the scale is not the full picture.

In fact, it's almost weird how well I took the news.  Used to be I would be devastated by this kind of news. 

I guess because honestly I was expecting a gain.  My home scale is officially broken.  I should have known it yesterday when it went from 276 to 302. 

Anyway, the idea is to love myself no matter what the scale/measuring tape says.

My worth is not dependent on my weight or my dress size.

(I'm still re-programming here, so you'll hear this stuff a lot).

I got some good news from the director yesterday.  He likes my new changes and has given me the go ahead to begin writing.  This is very exciting news and I can't wait to get started.

Another bit of good news is Steven won the contest at his new job.  Cancun here we come.  I think he's under the impression that I'm not excited because I didn't have a big reaction.

The way I look at it, I always knew he'd win.  I never doubted it for a second.

So when he tells me, it's like.. "oh... okay".  LOL  Cuz I already had planned on going.

Anyway, tonight is the full family dinner to celebrate how proud we are of him.  I'm not concerned that I will go off the wagon.  Even when I'm eating up to 2200 calories, I'm still eating under what I normally burn.  Plus I already did my walk at the mall earlier.  Window-shopping has become my favorite workout.  We're talking hours and hours prowling the stores.

Hey... it's a start.  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO..... Don't you know the PMS rules! If you weigh yourself with PMS you subtract 3 pounds so you were not up 7 ounces at all. You are down. You did great. I only hope this month I am as lucky.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Tell Steve "way to go". You two are going to have a blast in Cancun...And GREAT to here that the writing is going uphill. :)

Anonymous said...

oooooooooops "hear" not "here"...duhhh

Anonymous said...

Hi ,
Its MB from Ro's blog. I love what you wrote today!
Heym, this a ...space..site...journal thing you have hear what is it??  it doesnt look like other blogs ??
Oh, I am on aol too mbft@aol.com
I have a lifetime of weight journies, which stableized in my early thirties.
Stop my my, blog, check out the desert, and keep writing!
Peace,
MB

Anonymous said...

Your talent of writing is remarkable!  I stumbled upon your journal while checking out the aol journal site - I have to say you have inspired me to start my own - so thank you!!  Congratulations to you and your husband for your trip to Cancun - oh, and just one more thing...since you've been walking, the 7 oz may be contributed to muscle gain as well as PMS :)  Keep up the great job!!  If you have a moment, please stop by my blog http://journals.aol.com/msnikki0221/HappyBeingMe