Monday, May 23, 2005

Call off the dogs, I'm here

I've been on program, I just haven't been writing.  I was finishing up my second round of classes through my online college course.  I wrote a 2500 word essay on weight loss and the media called "Big Fat Lies".  That was my blog LOL

I also finished up the script and it's off to the producers.  The director sent me a one-sheet (or poster) for the movie, which I took as a very good sign.  So I had to bust my tail and get it ready.

I think it's a pretty good script.  Hopefully they'll think it's worth buying.

I didn't really go anywhere to exercise all week but I seem to have lost 3.5 of the water/weight gain I added in Cancun.  I don't believe it was weight weight simply because I just didn't eat all that badly.  Plus I was doing a lot of walking/activity.  The only thing I did in excess: I drank.  I inflated like a balloon, but it wasn't honest to goodness fat I put on.  To prove it, the home scale went up 6 pounds in the four days I was gone.

You can't gain 6lbs in a week and you can't lose 6lbs in a week unless it's water weight.

So I'm shedding the excess water by drinking lots and lots of water.  My calories are under control but it's been so blessed hot I haven't been motivated to exercise AT all.  I went out once but I was still dragging after my trip that the heat did me in.  Time to make the mall my best friend. 

There's really no excuse not to get the walk in.

I just have to manage my time better.  That's all.

Things should be evening out here pretty soon.  I started my next two classes.  They look a bit more demanding but I have to make it a priority.  I would have made an A in my last COM class if I just had better time management skills.  I missed a 100 point assignment and finished with a B-.  So I really have to kick some butt on these new classes to raise my GPA. 

Hopefully the script is good enough I won't be put back through the wringer with another rewrite.  I figured out I had been writing one a month since March.  Actually in March I wrote two.  But every month after that, I've produced a draft.

I'm a mean, green, writing machine.

Oh, and there's been an update on the car situation with Steven's former "friend".  Steven called him up over the weekend and the dude had the audacity to be indignant, saying that our going over to the house to get the car "scared" his wife.  Said he doesn't even have the car anymore because he sold it (explain that one to me - how he can sell a car without a title).  He's getting $100 a week supposedly but he's only going to pay us $100 a month because "that was our agreement".  An agreement, btw, that he's currently in default of.  He "claims" he's going to bring over $100 today but let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know what to do.  The police say it's a civil matter; to take him to court.  We aren't going to see a dime either way.  So I could just let it go, the dude not only gets a free car BUT he gets the $1500 he's going to get from this other dude who bought it.  And this dude knew it too.  I get the feeling he knows a lot of little ways to skirt the law and get away with murder.

Sad.  It's really sad.

I just feel so badly for Steven because he didn't deserve this.  He was a good friend to this guy, there for him when his own wife up and left and stole his kids.  He helped him out even with the car, letting him have it on payments.  Only to get screwed severely.

I don't get people.

I really, really don't.

I was so angry I almost went to his place of business and confronted him.  The only reason I didn't is I knew it would upset Steven.  I just want to know how this guy sleeps at night.

How does anyone this despicable live with themselves?

You just don't do this kind of stuff to people.

You just don't.

It's not right.

But as the old saying goes, living well is the best revenge.  If this car is the best he can do, then more power to him.  Steven has a better job, a better wife if I do say so myself, and a more promising future.  

So screw em.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT SURE OF YOUR SITUATION ON THE CAR BUT, CAN'T YOU REPORT IT STOLEN SINCE THE GUY DOESNT' HAVE THE TITLE YOU HAVE IT.  CAN'T YOU TELL HIM TO FORK OVER THE DOUGH, OR YOU WILL REPORT IT AS A STOLEN VEHICLE AND PRESS CHARGES ON BOTH PARTIES?  JUST A THOUGHT.  JAN

Anonymous said...

Steven here.  Since we had an agreement in the eyes of the law at least in this town it becomes a civil matter and is not considered stolen.  Not even the fact that he sold it without having the title.  Our three options are to repossess the car from the poor schmuck that bought it from the "friend".  Sue the "friend", or hope he comes through with money or bend over and take it.  He did come through with $100 today so I have kind of decided to not rock the boat yet.  Next time he is one day late though action will have to be taken unfortunately.  As for you my wife-----

SHMILY