Thursday, July 28, 2005

Up to 2 miles now

After a rocky weekend of fending off some kind of fluey type migraine induced yuckiness, I was back at the gym by Tuesday. 

I'm not keeping an eagle eye on my food, but I am not overdoing it either.  I know when I'm overdoing it.  You know when you've overeaten because your body will let you know.  It doesn't like it, and you feel gross.

So even when we go to Green Jeans, our local salad bar, I'm eating smaller portions just because I don't like that gross feeling.

I'm only eating when I'm hungry, and keeping my portion sizes and calorie counts under control.

I've also put a lid on my Diet Dr. Pepper obsession, figuring it was one of the main culprits for my Migraine-o-Rama over the weekend.  I've weaned down to two a day, and I'm going to buy caffeine free next time I buy any at all.

It's just life, you know?

I'm not obsessing about the journey, I'm just living.  Living aware, I guess you could say.

I've also reached a new level in my screenwriting career.  I'm now "optioned", which means a producer likes my stuff enough to enter into a contract with me that he's the only one who can work with the script for a year.  Director Guy worked with me to find an amicable agreement and we faxed over the contract the other day. 

It's progress.

And better yet, we've passed another hurdle that one of the finance people read the script and likes it.  Director Guy says that there are several hurdles more hurdles to pass, but we're in pretty good shape right now.

I'm feeling pretty positive about life.

Especially when my AIDS Walk Donation page shows I'm one-tenth of the way to my financial goal.

Thanks to Jeannie Burgess (my longtime friend) and Judy Rachal, I'm now up to $100.  So thank you very much!!  I appreciate all your support.  :)

If anyone elseis curious how to sponsor me for the October AIDS Walk, you can donate here:

2005 AIDS Walk Los Angeles - Donate to Ginger Voight

As you can see I've changed the title/description of my journal again, just because I'm so psyched that I can make an attainable goal.  If I aspire to lose ten pounds, then I'm at the mercy of the scale - which in my case has not always been so merciful.  I just have no control over how much weight I lose or where.

What I do have control over, is how many miles I walk or how much activity I get.  And the payoff is I feel better, my clothes fit better, I'm obviously losing inches.  So it's just a matter of changing perspectives.  I can feel good in the now because I'm meeting the goals I set for myself.  When I walk those two miles on the treadmill, I feel productive and strong and in control.

I like those feelings.

When I wait for the scale to validate me, I feel vulnerable and paranoid.

I hate those feelings.

No sense in beating myself up.  Because I'm doing okay.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginger  Your posituve attitude and eagle eye on your goal is a strong motivator for many.  They see hope in your walk  (no pun intended)  Congrats with your writing successes.  Best wishes to you as always!  Chris