Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dah duh duh da duh da duh da duh duh duh duh

(that's the Rocky theme in case you're wondering)

Guess who made it to the gym today?

My legs are total mush, but I got my first AIDS LA Walk Conditioning Routine in today.  I walked one mile on the treadmill (which, thanks to My Wife & Kids, wasn't *too* boring), then I did 60 crunches, and I started a weight workout on my legs.

I petered out about a third of the way through...

But I started it.  Next time I'll finish it.

I met all my other goals, no problem.

I don't know why I don't do this when I know how good it makes me feel.  I was thinking about that at the gym.  I will go for that emotional comfort (overeating) when the satisfaction I get from it lasts maybe the duration of the time I'm doing it.  Right afterwards and long afterwards I feel like crap.  One, because my body doesn't like it and two, because I know I can do better.

This one dude had a T-shirt that said, "There's nothing more painful than regret.  No Fear!"

He's right.

God, is he right.

Speaking of my AIDS Walk LA, I'd like to thank Jennifer Schaffner for being the first to donate to the cause.  I truly appreciate your support!

To anyone else who wants to sponsor me, here's the link:

2005 AIDS Walk Los Angeles - General Donation

I'm on my way now.

Trying hard now
it's so hard now
trying hard now

Getting strong now
won't be long now
getting strong now

Gonna fly now
flying high now
gonna fly...

Fly....

FLYYYYYYYYY....

(I'm inspired.  Are you inspired?)

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am very proud of you! It's hard for me to work out on my own. It's a mental thing. I'm trying really hard to get over that. To get over feeling sorry for myself when I get tired. I've improved a little bit. But it's hard. And you did it. :D

And as for sponsoring you, I don't know how that whole thing goes. Me no have mulah (spell check).

I'll talk to you later! :D

*~*Elvis Angel*~*