Friday, July 22, 2005

Keep on truckin

I know I haven't been as faithful to my journal as I used to be, but rest assured.  I'm right on schedule.  I've been doing 1.5 miles at the gym since Tuesday.  I took Sunday and Monday off from exercise.

I also decided to lay off of the weight training for the moment.  Instead I bought a new Pilates DVD to help sculpt and tone.  That worked out well before without hendering the weigh in so much. 

Plus I'm a huge believer in Pilates.  It really does make a tremendous difference with minimal effort. 

So I figure I'll get on track with the toning in the next few days.  Right now I'm getting acclimated to the 1.5 miles. 

I set the treadmill at random so I get more of a workout.  I alternate the speeds and the treadmill alternates the incline, so I really feel like I'm doing something effective.

I have to say I'm really excited about all this.  It's just what I needed to shift my perspective.  Before it was more of how I looked or what I weighed or my size.  Now it's about physical stamina.  I want to be able to walk that 6.2 miles.  This is more than just about a diet (which I haven't really done all that well on this past week, I haven't been overeating but I haven't been getting in the calorie window I wanted).

This is about proving to myself that I can do something that is a personal challenge.

I'm excited about the cause.  I'm excited about the ladies I'll be meeting and spending time with.  These are good people, with good hearts.  I'm excited to see how much money I can raise.

Hint, hint.

2005 AIDS Walk Los Angeles - Donate to Ginger Voight

For the first time in a long time I feel in control.  I feel productive and strong.

It's not easy to go to the gym and get that walk in.  But I go.  And it's good.

It's amazing what having a goal I have control over can change my whole outlook on things.

No comments: