Saturday, July 23, 2005

Four more inches lost

Today's measurements show another 4" lost.  I'm really excited about this.  So excited, I want to go weigh in. 

I have to admit this... I'm a weigh in junkie.

I didn't make it to the gym today because of another stupid migraine.  I have to ditch the caffeine, that's all there is to it.  I've been hooked on Diet Dr. Peppers lately and they're kicking my butt.

So I have to make it to the gym tomorrow to get my fifth day in walking 1.5 miles per day. 

I really feel like I get a significant workout, even though I've ditched everything but the walking.  I don't ride the bike, I don't work out on the weights.  I haven't even been doing the crunches lately.  I'm on that treadmill for at least 35-40 mins using the "random" program that gives me hills and what-not, so I'm sweating like a pig when I get off of that thing.  It burns at least 300 calories a shot.

And next week I go a half mile longer. 

So I've decided that is a good enough workout.  I don't need to overextend myself and tire myself out because then it will be even harder to go workout the next day. 

I have a new Pilates routine when I'm ready for it, and that will replace the weights for a while.

Right now I just want to get conditioned for that 6.2 mile - and let the chips fall where they may.

Meanwhile I'm going to let myself fall where I may because I'm in agony. 

:(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Ginger!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Ginger! I rooting for you and the 10km challenge. It does get easier, you just have to persevere and from what I can read, that shouldn't be a problem for you :-)

Julia

Anonymous said...

Your body will let you know when it's time to add to your workout.  Don't overdo it!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ginger,  I have never sent a comment to you before but finally wanted to come out of the closet so to speak.  I have been following your jounal for about a year now and have of course went back and read old entries as well as many of your other sites.  I would just like to say don't give up.  You have done a tremendous job . Yet, what really made me want to comment was to tell you about another web journal I have found.  You may have heard of it already but I couldn't keep quite about since I found it so impressive and unbelievable.  The web site is (thefatmanwalking.com) Have you heard of it?  If not please check it out and pass on to your cyber friends.  This guy is amazing. I to am on a journy to weight loss and have a long way to go.  I have lost 22lbs this year but recently gained 10 of them back.  Ugh!!  I'm not giving up though. I presently weigh 324.5
This really sucks as I'm sure you know.  I 've always been heavy but never passed the 300 mark until I quit smoking.  Haven't somked in five yrs. though(woo-hoo)!! Best of luck, and please know you have been an inspiration to me on my occasions and I hope you don't give up.  As Jen would say "never surrender"

Diane