Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A few days late...

Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

I actually have been doing pretty well.  I've been getting out and doing things - having a car and the freedom to drive has helped my Journey tremendously.  I've gone to the park and walked the last four days in a row. 

On Saturday while I was working my wrist started to really bother me so I decided to take a break - by leaving the house.  I took the kids out to the state park and we went for a hike.  It was a lot of fun even though I was really nervous about snakes and what not.  But spending time with the kids was way cool.  They're really neat people to be around.  I'm a lucky woman.  For all the times I beat up on myself cuz I think I'm a bad mom, I haven't done too badly.

I haven't gone to the park yet today because there's a pretty big thunderstorm to our north.  I can't decide if it's going to clip us or hit us dead on, so I'm sticking around the house for the time being.  If nothing else I'll go to the mall after I pick up the kids from summer school. 

I've been eating okay.  I haven't been counting calories necessarily, but I've been making smarter choices.  We had a barbeque the other day and I had a sweet potato rather than a white potato (which, incidentally, is very good on the grill).  Instead of red meat I bought some turkey drumsticks - three big ones for about $3.  And they were so tasty grilled.  Gonna do that again for sure.

The boys and I met up with Steven for lunch yesterday at a place we'd never been before, kind of a barbeque type restaurant.  I wanted the fried catfish, I got the hamburger.  Mustard, no mayo.  I wanted lemonade, I got Diet Dr. Pepper instead.  I did eat the fries, but I don't eat fries that often so I gave myself that as a treat. 

I can eat normally... if I just eat normally.  Instead of pigging out on nothing but bad stuff, I eat normal portions of everything.

I think today I'll do Green Jeans again.  I'm hankerin for a salad. 

I think I'm finally getting it that what is making me fat isn't necessarily what's going into my mouth, but coming out of my head.

And the trick is to be as active as I can be.  I've been trying to go to the park for a set mile every day - but to make sure I go out one more time in the day to do something else, something fun, but get those steps in.

Okay so I owe myself 15 Love Thoughts, since I've missed two days.  This oughta be fun...

I love that I am:

1. Smart
2. Funny
3. Intuitive
4. Positive
5. Warm
6. My own person
7. Cordial
8. Talented
9. Good with animals
10. Tasteful
11. Honest
12. Faithful
13. Tenatious
14. Thoughtful
15. Generous

I started floudering around #7 there.  This is really not easy.

But I'll tell you something - it feels good to do it.  You get a kind of glow from the inside out, kinda like you're hugging yourself. 

Thanks to everyone for all your sweet supportive comments :)  Those are the hugs I get from all of you.  So big hugs back!!  Love ya! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving these entries...great job on all you are doing...JaE

Anonymous said...

No.16 expressive