Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weigh In

I went to GNC this morning to weigh in and it said 298. 

It's a gain, but ... I'm not upset.

Isn't that wild?

I gained about 4lbs this month, but I'm not upset.

Mostly because I expected it to be over 300, and so seeing 298, so it *felt* like a gain.

But I know that the last month, this last week aside, I was back to using food - in abundance - to comfort me through that difficult time.  When I said I turned into the Girl Who Ate Abilene, I wasn't kidding.

So the fact that I *only* gained 4lbs was good news.

If I weren't back on track, then I would have probably been depressed.  Now it's more like, "Okay, so I slid a bit bit I'm still good.  I'm under 300, and I can keep the momentum going to lose even more."

I'll save the photos and stuff for next month.  I haven't lost any inches to speak of. 

So back to the gym and tackling the exercise next.

Right now I'm going to enjoy my *good* news on a pretty rough day.

God bless the heroes of 9-11.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gin,
 This is actually for yesterday's entry.  As you know, I am old  ;)
In "my day" I knew many guys that served in all branches of the military during the Vietnam Era (God BLESS the all!!!).  You know what, I did not lose one family member or friend in Vietnam.  The military (as an officer's wife) was a very good experience for me.  I hope in some way this will help you if the ROTC experience turns out to be a military experience.  God bless him and be with him in whatever he chooses.  It's hard to let them choose and go out on their own regardless what they decide.
Love you Gin...
Jeannie
PS ... My son lost his job on Friday.  His company has been sold and they are letting eveyone go.  :(