Saturday, November 29, 2003

Something old that's new again...

It looks like the South Beach Diet isn't going to work as a weight management tool.  I just learned my 23-year-old niece just found out she has kidney disease for having too much protein in her body.  She successfully lost 50lbs with the Atkins diet, and I don't think this is coincidental.

So even though the South Beach Diet does allow good carbs, I think I'm going to concentrate on doing a limited calorie diet that includes all food groups.  I'll just make sure my carb choices are smarter.  No processed carbs like white flour, white rice or sugar.  But definitely grains, fruits and dairy will be introduced back into my diet.

It'll be slow, which is kinda depressing.  But I'd rather it be slow and steady than fast with severe complications later.

I'm starting over as of December 1st.

I hate starting over.  You'd think with as much practice as I've had I'd be better at it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, starting over is so hard! I have to do the same. because i've done Atkins for over a year, lost 40lbs..and now, nothing, its not working for me any more! I'll be doing the same as you! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that :( I know how depressing that is.

We'll just have to lean on each other and do it together. :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that I saw your wedding photos..you were a beautiful bride! You are a beautiful person..inside, and out!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you sweet???

Thank you! :)