Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My favorite color carrot - Green

As luck would have it, a group of ladies at work have decided to lose weight together - with a little extra incentive.  At $20 a pop, we all contribute to a pool that ultimately the biggest loser will win.  Right now there are about 52 entrants... we're talking a really nice payday for losing the highest percentage of our body weight.

Needless to say, my interest is piqued.  There's nothing more motivating than money - especially since the contest concludes in March - when I plan to take a trip to sunny Florida.

Even more reason to stay on task.

Today was a successful day in more than just meeting my nutritional goals.  I also resisted the temptation of the scale.  This is the hardest part for me, as I tend to be a bit of a scale slave.  I need to see the results in black in white, and that (even though it's a very small indicator of true weight loss success) tends to take precedence over all the other positive changes.

I'm tempted to say that I'll weigh in once for this contest and then leave it up to fate until March - but that's a lofty ambition.  All I can say is I didn't weigh in today.

This isn't about weight loss as much as it's about changing my habits to be healthier.  Since I really can't control how much weight I lose and how fast I lose it, it would be silly to give control of my emotions over to something so fickle.  Rather I should take pride in the positive steps I'm taking toward my ultimate goal of a healthy body.

One day at a time.

My nutritional targets:

Calories: 1520-1850
Fat: 34-73
Carbohydrates: 171-304
Protein: 38-164

My results today:

Calories: 1660
Fat: 58
Carbohydrates: 216
Protein: 72

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the prize money and the ULTIMATE prize of losing the weight, getting stronger and improving your health!!!