Wednesday, October 12, 2005

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy went to the ER

And this little piggy has a contusion...

This little piggy went owowowowowowow all the way home.

After five hours in the ER, we were told I didn't have a break, but I did have a contusion of my tailbone and of my foot.  The foot is swollen and the toe is bruised on both sides.  I can't tell if my tushy is swollen cuz it's always swollen.

But sitting down is excruciating.

Only slightly less paintful than fracturing my pelvic bone in a car crash back in 1998.

Doc was nice and gave me codeine and a muscle relaxer while I waited, then sent me home with hydrocodone and some muscle relaxers last night.

I finally got doped up enough I didn't feel any pain.

This morning is a different matter.  Last night I was dopey, today I'm dopey and in pain.

I think I'm just going to chill for the rest of the day.

Nothing good can come out of a stoned Ginger.  My writing projects will just have to wait.

(And btw, it's not that I'm prone to using drugs, I just don't like pain.  Daniel used to say it's all in the mind, that you can control pain through will.  That's typical of what a man would say.  My reply: my last son was 9lbs and 11oz and I had him naturally - no drugs whatsoever.  I've had my pain quota for my lifetime.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Hope you are alright. Get better Ginger!!!