Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It Could Only Happen to Ginger, Take Two

Last week I had a little run in with a mosquito and it won.  It bit me right under the eyebrow and my whole eye ended up swollen shut.

I was not amused.  Thanks to some benadryl I was able to get my eye back to normal.

The only problem that has been persistant is my back.

My back pain, which is in the lower back around the tailbone, shoots pain down my legs and it hurts to sit in one position for very long.  Standing is okay, walking is iffy.

Regardless, I went for my walk yesterday at the park.  I started smarting toward the end so I didn't walk the entire mile but I figured it was a good start.

I was going over topics to cover in my blog as I walked, because that's what I do at the park.  I go over any and all writing projects, and quite often it's stuff I'll end up writing here.

Yesterday it was defining the difference between feeling good (losing weight, feeling energetic, doing what I need to do) between feeling comfortable (not taxing myself through exercise or denying myself my favorite foods).  Feeling good, I decided, was infinitely better.

I stayed on task all day, with the diet, with time schedules - everything.  I weighed in at 303lbs but even that didn't knock me off balance.  I expected to see a gain giving the way I've been eating lately.

I even decided I needed to hear what 300lb Ginger needed to say.  She's not going away till I get it. 

Basically she needs me to validate her.  Not Steven, or friends or family - or even society.  She needs to get that from me.  I need to attagirl her from here till next Tuesday.  Otherwise she will never go away.  That means celebrate the good, learn from the bad and get my moods stabilized quick.

Needless to say I was feeling pretty good coming into today. 

Untillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

I mean it's so stupid, a total comedy of errors I have to laugh almost. 

I have these oil burners to fragrance my house.  In my bathroom I've been using wax fragrance, which melts with the help of a tea light candle and releases the fragrance oil.  I burn them pretty much every day, I like a nice smelling house, so the oil had evaporated.

The wax, though, was still in the cup.  I needed to melt it so I could dump it and add more fragrance.

Normally I do this by using a paper towel folded up to protect my hand.  Never had any trouble.

Until today.

I go in about an hour an a half ago, fold up my paper towel and head into the kitchen to dump the wax in the trash.  I don't put it down the sinks for obvious reasons.  This time, however, the heat burned right through the paper towel, and as I moved the towel around hot wax spilled all over my hand.

I then sprinted to the kitchen trash to dump the wax quick so I can wipe the other, burning stuff off my hand.  Well, yesterday Jeremiah had cleaned up some stains in the carpet and the carpet was still wet.  I, because I'm always barefoot, managed to get my foot wet and when I hit the linoleum of the kitchen lost my footing, bent my foot completely under me and landed right on my aching tailbone.

At first, my main concern was my back.  I told you that's where the pain has been in my back primarily.  Then I realized how badly my foot was smarting something fierce.

My first thought is well, there goes the walk for today.

But now, an hour and a half later, I think I may have broken a bone in my foot or toe or both.  I can't bend my toes very much and I can't lay my foot on it's side without sharp pain.

And my tailbone isn't much happier with me.

Not only will I not go to the park today, I'll probably end up going to the clinic.

And we ALL know what happens when I go to that clinic.

A SHOT.

Not a happy camper.

Again, the whole thing was just a comedy of errors of very weird things that just happened to fall into place.  It would be funny if I didn't hurt.

So far I've soaked my foot and taken some Advil.  I'm doing everything to avoid that dumb shot.

It's not workin.

BUT....

I'm still doing good despite it all.  I feel good and in control, and if I do go to the clinic I'm going to see about a prescription for anti-depressents.

Everything happens for a reason I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ginger. Not your day. I know what that's like I had a day like that a year ago. Like my mom says, "Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". Sucks but it's true. I hope you feel better and haven't done any serious irreversible damage. Keep us posted. Enjoy what's left of the day. Take care.

Alyssa