Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Month Update

Well I'm pretty happy with the results.  I wasn't going to weigh in because I had been up 12 hours and of course it wasn't optimum to weigh, but I ended up weighing in at 294, which is a 2lb loss since the last time I weighed two weeks ago, bringing my total for the month (if we count that 5lb spike) 12lbs lost.  (Or 7, if you don't count the 5lbs, which is still fine by me).

Measurement wise I lost 7".  Not a lot, but I'm officially size 24 again. 

I'm up to 3 miles at the gym now.  I'm feeling the burn now.  This is pushing myself beyond what I think I can do. 

I'm also going to try and eat more frequently, kinda like Jorge Cruises' 3 hour diet.  I believe that as long as you're never famished, you won't gorge.  And it seems to work for me. 

I don't have a calorie requirement per se.  I'm trying to get around 2000, simply because I work off 600 calories just on the walk alone.  Fuel the body so it can meet the demands I'm putting on it, but still create a deficit to promote weight loss.

I also think I'm going to try and eat more naturally.  Instead of packaged food, try to grill some meat and eat some vegetables instead.  May do a stir fry or something for lunch.  I'll put that plan in motion as soon as I get the kids off in school. 

Anyway, them's the facts.  I feel it was a productive month.  A good start. 

I feel good... especially about the 2lb weight loss because that late in the day I wasn't expecting to see any loss at all. 

It was a nice surprise. 

Can't wait to see what next month brings :)

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ginger. Keep up the good work. Looks like it was a good month for you. Hope I have similar news to spread come August 31st, lol. <<Big Hug>>

Lyssa....By the way I looked at the journal section looking at your novel and stuff and other people's journals and I see that you have a really old link of mine...not that your missing too much in the newer one but I'll leave it with you so you can update when you have a few seconds to spare...TTYL

Anonymous said...

congrats and keep up the good work!  I think you will find a huge diffrence by switching from packaged precessed foods.  They are loaded with sodium.  When I started my weight loss journey, the change was monumental when I cut out packaged and canned foods.  Fresh grilled food meat and fresh or frozen veggies are the best way to go..

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ginger!!! You continue to be an inspiration :-) Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger,
I just found your journal!
I'm so impressed by your weight loss & dedication.....good for you! We're about the same weight now...I started out at 337 and I'm 298 (but hoping to get back to 295 tomorrow at Weigh In!), except I'm only 5 ft tall...so I look like a round ball with legs and arms. LOL! I'm on Weight Watchers and enjoy it, but taking weight off, as you know, is such a struggle! I'm a  food addict, but I will get this weight off my body & get healthy again...I will!
I'm adding your journal to my list of reads, and I'll link you on mine as well. I look forward to getting to know you better as you go fwd on your journey to a new life!
Pooh Hugs,
Linda~
In case you have time and ever want to read mine...here is the link.